Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've agreed to sell a friend my (unused for 20 years) Winchester Ranger model 140 20 gauge autoloader shotgun.
I can't find any info as to high/low price possibilities,as examples onGunbroker and A/A are pretty scarce.
I know it's not rare or collectable, but at the same time,I don't want to give it away, I don't want to price it too high and insult a buddy.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't really matter pardner, I need the value of the shotgun....
BTW, in English class the teacher would tell you that the placement of the word "my" AFTER the word "friend" indicates the the enclosed statement refers to the Winchester.
Always glad to help the reading impaired though....

·
Registered
143 Posts
just a little

Just a little lite hearted humor (I thought) gone awry......oh...good luck on pricing your gun..if anyone would know it would the people on these boards...they are a treasure trove of knowledge...have a nice on

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No problem Randy, heck you can come by the Saxet show this weekend and say hey!
I'll be towards the rear near the concession stand.
I set up next to the guy selling Airsoft guns, you may be able to see his "Classic Army" banner.
I'm bringing my Mauser collection, most for sale, a few for display only...

·
Registered
675 Posts
If there is a local dealer in your area that you trust they may be able to give you a idea or you can go to a local bookstore and check in one of the gun value books. The books are not always 100% accurate but a gun like that would more than likely not fluctuate too much in price. I would check some of my books for you but they are still packed away since I last moved.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The going price for a Winchester Ranger 140 is about $200 - $275 your never being used would probally be worth $275.00 to the right person.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Chasdev,

Email sent.

T

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, it did get used one season, so it's not new.
I think I'll tell him $250 and throw in 100 rounds of #8.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I see a lot of Win 140/1400 auto shotguns on the 2nd hand market here,I had a 1400 12 ga years ago for ducks and liked it,perfectly reliable gun.A friend got a 20 ga 1400 (with the short 22" barrel) for his wife and they also had a good experience with that gun.These guns generally go pretty cheap on the used market,even in lightly used or near new cond,despite that they are quite serviceable guns for bird shooting.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,736 Posts
I'd saya $250 is probably about right, maybe a little on the high side up in this neck of the woods. It is worth its value as a useful sporting arm. A new Remington 870 Express 20ga is about $250-$300 depending on locale.

Regarding sentence structure, yes, the original poster's sentence works as-is; but in the interest of clarity, an editor would tell you to put the parenthetical adjective statement after the noun it describes instead of before. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
okay okay..i was just goofing on the guy.......:eek: I'll see him tomorrow at the Saxet Gun show...who knew he would actually be from Austin Texas too...go figure

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Randy45,

They will be picking on you for a while. Who knows maybe it means they like you.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,736 Posts
okay okay..i was just goofing on the guy.......:eek: I'll see him tomorrow at the Saxet Gun show...who knew he would actually be from Austin Texas too...go figure
Randy, I was agreeing with you. Correct or not, that sentence is goofy. :eek:

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HEY, I resemble that remark!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts