Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shipping some ammo tomorrow. I have heard that the shipping label for small arms ammo has changed. Is this a fact or can we still use the blue ORM-D labels
Thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
So far, most hubs and stores will still take the ORM-D sticker. However, some may tell you to use the new one but they won't provide you with any. For my last two packages I used both. So, it probably depends on your local clerks. Probably best to find out before you stand in a long line.

·
Copper Bullet member
8,962 Posts
As of about 3 weeks ago, my area UPS hub knew nothing about the new markings. I would guess that most outlets will continue to accept the ORM-D stickers for the time being.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
jonny c

Yes, I ran into that same situation last summer. The new stickers were supposed to start 1/1/12 and yet some hubs had never heard of them.

I finally got smart and opened my own on-line UPS account. I've used it twice now, and it is so easy even I did it right the first time. They send me a bill at the end of the month and I can write them a check or pay on-line with a CC. Plus, it's cheaper and my local driver gets some sort of bonus points every time I use it.

Ray

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,082 Posts
As of about 3 weeks ago, my area UPS hub knew nothing about the new markings. I would guess that most outlets will continue to accept the ORM-D stickers for the time being.
Same here. As recently as two days ago, the clerks at my local hub were clueless about the new black/white diamond markings. I've gone back to using ORM-D labels to avoid confusion on their end.

·
Copper Bullet member
8,962 Posts
Just got a box of ammo from J&G via UPS. No stickers at all, but lots of ORM-D SMALL ARMS CARTRIDGES stamps all over it.

HEY, EVERY UPS EMPLOYEE! GUESS WHO HAS GUNS AND AMMO IN THEIR HOUSE.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
"HEY, EVERY UPS EMPLOYEE! GUESS WHO HAS GUNS AND AMMO IN THEIR HOUSE.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Which is why I have my stuff delivered to my local gunshop or at work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts