Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a WW1 French Propaganda poster. The poster shipped from France but the box was crushed during shipping and now the poster is folded. They aren't hard creases, its more like its bent if that makes sense. I've heard using a steam iron can get them out but I'm a little skeptical.

I was wondering if anyone has experience removing the folds so that the poster is flat again?

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I feel your pain - a minor heartbreak!

At the risk of talking out my rear, I'd be inclined to just lay it flat on a smooth hard surface and cover it with something flat, smooth and not very heavy, like a thin masonite board, etc. Then walk away for a couple weeks and see what happens. You can always take more drastic steps later.

Even more sad is that it's kind of pretty. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Tempest, I was thinking about sandwiching it between two cardboard sheets and putting it under my mattress for a while.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tempest, I was thinking about sandwiching it between two cardboard sheets and putting it under my mattress for a while.

This is what I have done with some of my posters in the past the had wrinkles or folds in them and it tended to work out decent for them. Good luck, I wish you success in whatever method you choose to use!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Put it between some heavy archival card stock, quality acid-free stuff. Then between cardboard or what-have-you.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,511 Posts
Dogs correct cloth wouldn't work on this...

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
go on YOUTUBE, there all sorts of ways to take out creases and folds from posters, prints, etc....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts