Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this one for several years now. All parts are real, nothing reproduction. Additionally; only the scope has a rebuild mark. The base and mount just have arsenal and inspection marks. Would love to find a non-refurbed scope but that would probably take several more years. :rolleyes:

If I remember right, about 100 Finnish captured sniper rifles came into the country. They all had straight bolts finn forced matched and the scopes and mounts were removed. So, if you ever see one like this know for a fact its a restoration or ask to see import docs. Regardless, it is...and I always use this word sparingly...rare, and I believe well worth the effort. Now that it's done, I think this is one of my favorite pieces.

Suffice to say this was a labor of love.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
She looks great. Now that she's finished if you really want a nonrefurb scope you can find one at your leisure and when funds allow.

·
Diamond Member
7,180 Posts
Congratulations, your project looks great. Did the Finns use these captures as snipers, or were the "desnipered" (straight bolt no optics) for export? Me confused. Denny

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Denny, I would say both. I have seen pictures of Finnish soldiers with PU/PE and PEM sniper rifles during the winter and continuation wars. However, I am certain that as scopes were broken, etc that the rifles were cycled back out the door as standard 91/30's. Post war, who knows what happened. Perhaps one of our illustrious board mavens can shed some light on these.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That stock repair is really cool. For some reason I like them.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a sneak peek at my next project. Almost done, just need the little wedge that goes in between the top and bottom mounts. I will probably end up trying to have someone make me one as I have no clue how to run into that part in the wild. Still, the top mount is in so/so shape, I might wait to find a nicer one. However; another top mount could take me several more years, those rings are why I bought the rougher scope! All original gear again. I will be even more pleased the day I finish this one.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Hey the last pictures of the project that is unfinished, is that the one you bought the mounts for at Louisville show? I remember how excited you were if that is the one I am remembering. Nice job on them! Bill

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill, yes I picked up the base mount with original screws still in arsenal wrap at the SoS 2 or 3 years ago from a board member. The rougher scope with the top mount I picked up last year at the SoS and yes, I was very pleased! Would still like to find a top mount in better shape but these sets are so darn hard to find i won't hold my breath waiting.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Wow! Your patience and tenacity are amazing! Your projects results are really worthwhile! Thanks for sharing! Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts