Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
55,656 Posts
As in ammo.
if Russia get embargoed.
word trade organization can’t restrict exports from nato countries to hurt Russian bad boy attitudes.
ammo, guns production in Germany, India, other countries they place factory’s .
nato Treaty’s, trade, banking spiderweb of countries Not responsible enough to invest in strategic stoppages because of tax base profits.<><

· Registered
22 Posts
The Indians have never shown much interest in exporting firearms for civil use.

I dunno, I remember when India exported tons of the Ishapore Enfields in .308, that were police trade in's.
Sold as C&R's here by many distributors & retailers.
These AK-203's should be quality weapons; from what I understand, Russia basically built the factory arsenal at Korwa.

“The Korwa Ordnance Factory in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh, produced the first batch of 7.62mm Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles. The start of deliveries to the Indian army is expected to begin shortly,” Rosoboronexport CEO Alexander Mikheev said in a statement, lauding the “reliable partnership” between Moscow and New Delhi.

The enterprise will be able to export its products to third countries, Mikheev added.
The AK-203 is part of the ‘series 200’ of Kalashnikov assault rifles, bringing modern small-arms ergonomics together with classic powerful caliber. The rifles boast an adjustable stock, various rails to attach additional equipment, as well as better accuracy, compared to earlier models of the weapon.

I do have my hopes up that Korwa will produce a semi-auto import that perhaps in a future politically 'changed' U.S. presidential administration; import could be approved!

· Registered
5,126 Posts
They still make Enfield sporting rifles for their domestic market....I have yet to see one outside of India,even though they would be legal in many countries.Unlike the Chinese or Russians they have never shown much interest in making new civil firearms for export....not even to other British Commonwealth countries.

· Registered
22,057 Posts
Quality has plagued rifle production in India for decades. This new AK line is just another attempt to get an arms factory up and running with a product that is reliable. Now...the AK has been shown to be a successful rifle for a few 3rd world nations to copy & produce, maybe India will have better luck this time around. Their attempt to produce a modern battle rifle of Indian design turned to be a major failure less than a decade ago. Can they copy ..sure , can they make good copies....get your popcorn, the show ain't over yet.

· Silver Bullet Member
8,459 Posts
The Insas (5.56 caliber) rifle produced in India are not well thought of

The more recent AK203 5.56 AK pattern rifle produced with Russian license and collaboration has not been exported to any great degree.

India has put a lot of money and effort into domestic small arms production.

· Registered
596 Posts
Neiter the Maadi nor Insas (5.56 caliber) rifles produced in India are well thought of

The more recent AK203 5.56 AK pattern rifle produced with Russian license and collaboration has not been exported to any great degree.

India has put a lot of money and effort into domestic small arms production.
Maadi never was an Indian rifle, it was from Egypt
The AK-203 is not in 5.56mm, but 7.62x39

1 - 13 of 13 Posts