Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He said that he would buy a shotgun that I had for sale 3 weeks ago. Keeps promising to mail payment/FFL, no news so far.

I understand that he might be busy, but at least acknowledge my PMs. I see him posting here, yet keeps ignoring my PMs.

I just want to get the transaction over with because I'm moving. "deacon", please tell me if you still want it. If not, say so. I think 3 weeks is enough time for the buyer to take care of things at his end.

*Buyer paid eventually and transaction went through fine in the end*

·
Banned
170 Posts
????

This is the 3rd time I have posted a reply as concerns this negative posting.
For the final time I paid for the item and it was shipped in good order.
Can one of the moderators please post it ????
Thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just had the same experience.

"Deacon" said he would send payment and an FFL to buy a K98k from me over two weeks ago.

No communication from him during that time, even though he was posting on the board.

Today I got him to reply to an email, and he says he won't buy the rifle.

Do not try to do business with this guy!

·
Registered
393 Posts
i tried posting a response to this but it wasnt posted for some reason

i had the exact same problem with him on the old board,and several others spoke up stating the same,says he will take it and pulls a disappearing act all the while posting in the forum,wont return a email or PM until you call him out in the open forum,then its i never got your emails or PM's

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Deacon replied to me on a deal also, and left me hanging. Later I thought I would give him a 2nd chance, and I bought a ROMAK from him.............lets just say that it was not as advertised, and I had to spend another 35 bucks to get it into working condition.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I did business with this guy, and have no regrets. if anything, I was slower to ship the rifle than he was to send payment, and it was in a PMO, so it's not like I had to wait for it to clear.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just had a similar expirence with "deacon". He put up a "WTB MAS 49/56" post, I sent him a PM with an offer of an extra 49/56 with a price. He replied asking for pics and details on accessories. A few hours later before I could even answer him he said he would take the rifle at the quoted price asking for a week to send the funds and a copy of his C&R. I posted pics of the rifle and gave him the details he asked for. I got another PM later that day asking if I was open to trades since he was short of money. I replied with possable trades and also told him he could take extra time if he was a little short of funds. Have not heard from him in a week despite PMs even though I see where he's logged onto the boards multiple times each day. I can understand if someone gets a little excited and jumps a little too quickly into a deal..........but at least give me the email equivlent of a "sheepish smile" and a "sorry" when you back out of a deal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had problems on old board also.

Deacon said he would take it but never sent payment then when I posted negative feedback after sale was lost to another interested party he responded saying price was too high.I responded with you should have decided that before posting I'll Take It! Never heard another word.
I guess the collection plate should have been passed around another time or two.hehe

TM

·
Registered
87 Posts
Deacon

I purchased from Deacon an MN91/30 a number of years ago that was (and is) still great- as advertised. Never had an issue with this seller in the least. I do not know of others experience, but for me he was great!

Dean (IL)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts