Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Romanian TT-33 from Centerfire a week ago and just got around to trying it out today.

Click......recock..click. Gun won't fire. I know its not the ammo as all the rounds then fired in my CZ-52.

The primer strikes look light, but the firing pin moves freely in the slide. I don't know what the problem is yet (weak firing pin spring, weak hammer spring) I just don't know.

Anyone else had this problem with yours before?

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Make sure the safety is not engaged. I am not sure what type of after market safety they installed, it could be interfering with operations.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
They have the trigger block safeties. Or the one I got from them not long ago does as does the one I received from J&G. Both from the recent Century import.

Since the primer strikes look weak I would first try a different type of ammo in it. If you experience the same problem I would look into the hammer spring being to weak or the firing pin having a worn tip or out of spec. If you purchased it recently I'd see about a replacement although I believe they are out of them right now and have them on back order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts