Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cost of components has been on the rise. I see it getting worse over the next winter months so I started looking into other sources and found Privi bullets at Graff's. For the cost of one box of SMK's in .310" and 6.5 mm I can buy 250 bullets in Privi. So now will they stand up against the SMK's known quality? No expert here but I though I should make the field even so I used the same fire formed cases and powders and close to the same OAL with in setback and ogive limits.

What I found was that the Privi are close enough for informal practice. I think with a little more tuning they have a bit more accuracy bringing them within .5" or less of the SMK. The weight spread is greater the the SMK's. This is just the first round of tests and again I have no claim to expert status in the field I was just asking myself some questions.

The rifle

The first five semi rapid.

After cooling off some single slow fire with a few minutes between shots.

The last of the 30 rounds and all Privi.

I'm sure the results could have been better with an expert shot doing the trigger work but it gave me hope that I can get more trigger time this winter. The .310" FMJBT's need alot more tuning and a powder chang before I share the results but they look promissing also.

I will still fall back on the SMK's as needed but for now this is fun.

cheers
MJ

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Prvi bullet testing

Nice shooting and the best looking toys as usual MJ...:cool:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Jerry