Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here tried these in their 7.5x55 Swiss loads?
I realize they're not Bergers, but wonder if anyone has
tried them and what the results were. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
191 Posts
work ok to 300 meters

I have used them for military silhouette shooting in North California. We shoot from 200 to 500 meters. I found the accuracy fell off after 300 meters and I switched to SMK 168's. The privis are not as accurate at 100 or 200 or 300 meters as the SMK but they did the job. For a plinking round or moderate accuracy load, they are fine. For precision work, not as good.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The best thing about this ammo is that it works well, is clean and when fired you have excellent brass to load whatever your favorite bullet and load is into. I like the USGI M1 ball bullets. They are 173gr spitzer boattails and I've heard here and there that the US design was based on testing with the Swiss 174 gr GP11. They shoot well and accurate and I can load using the powder and charge weight that works best in my particular rifle. I don't believe any commercially loaded ammo is going to be super accurate in all rifles so roll your own for best accuracy. It is possible to beat the GP11 if you take the time and make the effort.

Just my 2 cents
Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts