Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try these yet? I picked up a bag and will roll them up today.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I did some testing today.

Same fire formed cases. Used the same amount of RL-22. Made ten of each Privi and SMK's.

Used pistol targets at 100 yards off some sand bags.

These are the first cold shots. Not much between them.

Warm barrel test. Only ten min. cooling between strings. Strings where semi rapid.

Finished with some bulk ammo in new cases with the Privi 140g and RL-22 over Win LR primers.
Excuse any spread or flyers as that would have been me not the rifle. I think the Privi 140 FMJBT will do fine for practice. I did do some 300 yard chunks of cement about soft ball size. No problem. The steel at that range has been taked doown for fire hazard reasons.

I was a little short of time because I had some other Privi bullets in .310" to test.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you spanner. PMC? I will have to try them. Great reply. I shot the 139 Senacar bullets at Bisley and was totaly impressed. Back home I can't find them for any price. And when I see them they are out of stock. Or over priced. I'm just a plinker anyway so the more day I can get to the range the better. Better than TV it is.

Do you have a pic of this rifel? They are normaly very handsome.

Cheers
MJ

·
Silver Bullet member
96 Posts
OK, you twisted my arm:

Not near as nice as your rifle, but a good shooter.

With the price of Sierra 140 gr. match bullets now over $30 a box where I live, I think that the PMC bullets did pretty darn good for about 1/3 the price.

Tom

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts