Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 37mm T-94 round I posted here recently caused me to take another look at my small selection of "larger stuff". I bought this around 15 years ago for $25. To date it's still, pretty much, the nicest T-89 round I've ever seen. As you can see - the base has the residue of some kind of base seal. No end to it, at all, that I can see, what's next?

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Howdy Adgs :
Yep I picked up two 70mm cases 2 years ago, one Japanese and the other Chinese for the Infantry Gun, one of them still had the square "tape" over the primer, my buddy Bob Taylor mentioned that it was a primer seal. Until then I didn't know that small fact either, knowledge is relative to where one is at.
That is why I say if I only knew then what I know now, this would be a different world.
Take care.
Vicasoto

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir, it pays not to be too hasty in this hobby. My first thought, on seeing this primer tape residue was - clean it up. The more ya know, the better!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Yep I picked up two 70mm cases 2 years ago, one Japanese and the other Chinese for the Infantry Gun, one of them still had the square "tape" over the primer, my buddy Bob Taylor mentioned that it was a primer seal.Vicasoto
Speaking of Bob Taylor, does anyone know whatever happened to him? I heard a lot of rumors, but I'd rather hear factual information, if known.

C/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts