Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really necessary to remove the posted price for a sale item when it sells? It really makes it difficult to follow the pricing of various items.

Why do it????:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes I dont like this either as you cant figure out what you can sell yours for or if we just missed a deal of a life time

Ken

·
Silver Bullet member
2,490 Posts
I agree. I like to know what items are selling for as it gives me an idea of how much I should pay and/or what price to sell. Besides it's good to keep abreast of what the values of your own items are and of course it does give you a warm and fuzzy feeling when you see the current prices as opposed to what you paid. Of course the down side is seeing an item selling for less then you paid. LOL. I just don't see were it serves any purpose to delete a price when it's sold. Ray

·
Registered
490 Posts
I agree - it is sort of a pain when you're trying to track values or budget future purchases for that one you missed by *that* much...

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
Ditto all comments above. Very annoying.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ahha...I just sent that request to Vic two days ago! He replied that it was up to the seller. I agree, but it would be nice to have a sticky or something to ask that people not remove the price.

Mike

·
Registered
244 Posts
I really think its all up to the seller, some leave the price, some don't. Actually, I don't think this Japanese Trader Board is a true benchmark price setter. Lots of times, it seems sellers put a low price on their items, and they are snatched right up, lets say, in 2 minutes. Most of the time, these people could have gotten more money if they had put the item up on auction. It would be interesting to find out how many people have been offered more than the price was set originally. Then there's always the people that take less money, and that price is never shown on their thread. Thats been my experience when buying and selling on the Trader.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rich,
you are correct, but that doesn't mean the listed prices have no value at all.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I think the sale price HERE is a more accurate way to judge real value, than any of the auction sites as here its usually sold between knowledgeable sellers and buyers, the desirable stuff sells quickly, the over priced or junk, simply doesnt sell ...anything might sell for a fortune at a open auction,only the deals beween knowledgable collectors is a true "price guide".Most here know what they are selling /buying so a $150 gun is likely a $150 gun,very few bad sales or returns here.

·
Administrator
3,267 Posts
Sorry, someone from the opposite side of the fence. I have heard this before, but I tend to delete my price. As I feel it is no one else' business what I sold it for; nor what the new owner bought it for...

On the luger forum, I periodically deleted items once it said sold. And eventually caught hell from folks for doing so; now I leave them alone, unless its my item, then I delete it after the new owner says he is happy. Reason I delete it, is because so many idiots will post months, even years later "If this is still for sale I want it", even though it has SPF or the like.

Ed

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ed,
that is a viewpoint, but what about the first 'x' people who see the price?
How does one get the rabbit back in the box?

Seems like if the price is left up, the playing field is level; we all have the same info(or mis-info, if there was an off thread negotiation) regarding pricing.

Like someone said, it is up to the poster; this was just a request.:)

·
Diamond Member
1,174 Posts
Well, what if we were to post:

The actual sell price of the item when the sale is completed? Seems to me tat would solve all the problems.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
IMHO nothing should be deleted until the transaction is complete. That gives the parties a record. Any other agreements should be documented as the parties think needed. If they want keep that private, that is their concern. Just my thinking.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
Sorry, someone from the opposite side of the fence. I have heard this before, but I tend to delete my price. As I feel it is no one else' business what I sold it for; nor what the new owner bought it for...

Ed
I agree whole heartedly. If the seller desires to remove the price after the sale is complete then its his call. If your intersted in tracking asking prices and sellers prices then record them and track them when you see them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.