Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna double - post this over to the Mauser forum as well. I found a VG all matching, unmessed-with M71 with an excellent bore, but the shop wants $800 for it. What's the going rate these days for a completely matching M71? I know there are a lot of variables, butr ballpark is fine...
Thanks,
Mike

·
Gold Bullet member
703 Posts
71Mauser value

As has been discussed in a variety of threads value is a difficult critter to pin down. Where you live, is it an ebay price, other auction price, personal evaluation for sale and can you afford it. Any price is too high if you can't afford it. I recently bought a 71 Mauser with mostly matching numbers missing the lower swivel, has a repro cleaning rod but a beautiful bore. Stock was sanded. I paid $500.00 for it. Did I pay too much, maybe. Was I lucky and got a good deal? Maybe. I have seen battered 71s going as cheap as $300.00 and really nice minty ones going for over $1000. Lots of stuff like this is overpriced in California but just when I had given up hope on finding a " deal " I got a near mint, all matching Chassepot for $500.00 and I consider myself lucky. Go figure. Personally if the Mauser is as nice as you say it is and you can afford it pick it up, but that is just my own attitude/idea. If you get it share it with us. Maybe you can haggle a bit with the shop owner. Good luck! Joe

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
1,707 Posts
A lot depends on who made it. To the Mauser brandname afficianados, Mauser-made ones are more valuable. The scarcest ones appear to be those made by National Arms and Ammunition Company, marked N.A.A. over Co. in a triangle. As scarce seem to be those marked SOEMMERDA.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i am interested in this info as well since i know where an all matching model 71 and a 71/84 are. the model 71 is a spandau and i believe the other is as well. the condition is fair. there is some surface rust but the bore is in great shape on both and the wood is in good shape on both of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.