Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the going price for a very nice one? Im in Michigan but have not been to the shows for a while. Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
I pick one up yesterday here in Florida. It's an Mitchell's Mauser Collector Grade one in unfired condition with all matching numbers and it came with two leather ammo pouches, Leather sling, bayonet, leather frog and cleaning kit. I paid $450.00 for it. I know I did pay top dollar for it but all the others Yugo 48A I have seen was in used condition with mis-match numbers and they wanted $300 or more for them and that for the rifle only.

Mid-age

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
"It's an Mitchell's Mauser Collector Grade one in unfired condition with all matching numbers"

Oh boy you just had to go there

·
Silver Bullet member
7,961 Posts
Some of the MM M48 series rifles they sold (and they sold all of them) got little or no work..however many of the "All Matching" ones were renumbered to match by MM...Take some good pics of the serials if your not sure and we can tell you...Gbroker has them for around $300 in great condition still pretty often

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
The unissued Collector Grade with box, accesories, "Certificate of Authenticity", etc. would probably bring upwards of $350-400 these days.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I was at our local range shooting my M48BO and the shooter beside me was doing the same with his MM M48BO. When done shooting I asked if I could look over his rifle. His stock was sanded and I could find only faint markings. Had the MM stamp on it. Bluing was in really nice shape. He asked what did I pay for mine $265 with pounches, bayo and scabbard and cleaning kit. He told me his cost north of $400. I said are you happy with your purchase?. grudgingly he said yes. He told me he'd been looking for one like mine but all he saw were beatup ones. Have to agree with him as that rifle was and is in beautiful condition. Mine except for the unsanded stock looked just as nice. Frank

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
For the record, your "M48A" in all liklihood be an M48B with stamped trigger guard/mag well assy in addition to the Stamped floor plate.

My first Yugoslav purchase was a Mitchell's- $299. Then I found these discussion forums. Made sitting down a little painful if you catch my drift... :eek:
Of course, they were selling unissueds all over the web for $79 at the time. (that was 10 years ago and my 13th wedding anniversary present. Still have the rifle and still have the wife.):thumbsup: I think the rifle is finally worth what I paid for it.

But at least the one I got, a bo when I was looking for the crest, was fortunately unmessed with; stock wasn't sanded, had the few remaining stamps it should have had such as the circled BK- it is also a first model M48 so I can't kick about that. All they had done was a general surface cleaning so it didn't stick to my hands when I first picked it up.
Some pics...
PS: I have NO idea what I thought I was writing under that receiver ring...

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
If anyone is truly looking for a nice Yugoslavian Mauser, M48, M48A, M48BO, M98, M24/47, just call old dan tobin, he has the largest assortment in the country,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I remember getting the gun for under $100 years ago. The stock looks sanded,it's too smooth. I never shot the gun. The blueing looks perfect and is very dark blue. Again thanks for the replies.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,531 Posts
You may spent for bent bolt for less than $100.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts