Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
973 Posts
Only if ammo sales drop off and the vendors need to offer incentives to lure back buyers. Otherwise, it's money in the bank for them.

I will say however, as an example, AIM's offer of 1-cent shipping on Romanian 8mm ammo is a huge temptation. It offsets the high price tag on that ammo and makes it quite attractive for general plinking. If they offered the same shipping deal on other kinds of ammo while holding the line on per-round prices, their subsequent sales would make the current panic buying seem tame in comparison.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
There are different grades of oil just like there are different grades of used firearms. For example: Texas sweet light crude versus a myriad of lesser grades. $12 seems a bit low, all things considered, and I certainly would not be holding my breath waiting for ammo prices to reflect the drop in oil costs. If metal prices hitting rock bottom and oil prices plummeting haven't done it, nothing much short of impeaching Obama is gonna do it....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Just because the oil prices go down doesn't mean the shipping(like Baltic dry rates) will go down.The Baltic rates cover the metals needed for ammo manufacture for the Russians and Chinese.one way or another they control ammo prices from that part of the world.havent checked on the rates lately..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.