Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,137 Posts
Simple case of supply an demand, increased cost of doing business, and the economy all these thing affect prices.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
While a bit of a jump all at once, IMHO these have been a huge bargain (which explains my hording). There never were that many made much less imported and there are a whole lot fewer left for sale. If they started off at this price I might not own as many as I do now, but I'd still have a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Simple case of supply an demand, increased cost of doing business, and the economy all these thing affect prices.

This is correct. If they are selling them at a high rate, they might figure they can eek out a bit more profit with a higher price, especially is supplies of decent guns are starting to dry up. Or maybe the real-deal Brit-made Martinis will look a bit more attractive.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yikes, id hate to see IMA price themselves out of the market with these increases. I agree that the gahendras have been a super deal for the past few years, but this is still pretty expensive for a gun that still may need alot of work. The increase on the sniders made them, imo, pretty expensive too. British made sniders in shootable shape can be found for around $500 to $600 if you are patient. While I greatly appreciate what IMA does for us and will continue to be a customer, these guns have unfortunately become too expensive for me considering they are still Nepalese manufactured project pieces.

·
Administrator
4,137 Posts
When IMA first released these guns we screamed bloody murder and said they would never sell...quit whining.

·
Administrator
4,137 Posts
Whining isn't a crack, it is a thinly disguised warning....see rules.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guy's Its my fault! I wrote a raving report on my purchase. The snider was in real good shape! the bore looked unfired! And missing the clearing rod. After cleaning and inspecting all parts i found it probably was not fired because the firing pin channel was way out of spec. The angle of the nipple threads was out of true so much the pin would not move. I turned a new pin and nipple on the lathe and still would not work! I finely drilled out the threads in the breech block and pressed in a plug then re threaded it. Now its works! I still cant shoot it because it seems every one is out of 24 gauge hulls. Go figure. Once again (sorry) Dave W.

·
Administrator
4,137 Posts
Ok guy's Its my fault! I wrote a raving report on my purchase. The snider was in real good shape! the bore looked unfired! And missing the clearing rod. After cleaning and inspecting all parts i found it probably was not fired because the firing pin channel was way out of spec. The angle of the nipple threads was out of true so much the pin would not move. I turned a new pin and nipple on the lathe and still would not work! I finely drilled out the threads in the breech block and pressed in a plug then re threaded it. Now its works! I still cant shoot it because it seems every one is out of 24 gauge hulls. Go figure. Once again (sorry) Dave W.
What does that have to do with price going up on Martini's...this isn't the snider board...want me to move your post?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
The martinis should sell now being that they are only140 more than a gehendra.
it's there rifles they can ask what they want for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.