Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
That's something anyone at anytime could do to one of these rifles. Worth about $25 to me without supporting documentation, and that's generous from me on a refinished rifle!

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
I guess it comes down to whether you have an interest in history or just a "pretty" rifle.
We all like the "pretty rifles" but verifiable history is very nice to have. You can say so & so told you this or that and no matter how much you may believe it, there is always the next guy in line that's a little more skeptical. This affects the VALUE you're looking to determine. Documented bring backs are way cool & the one I recently bought is the first & only one I've ever had. Not a "combat piece" just an after the war pickup at an airbase in occupied Japan.

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
As to the subject of this post, the seller has now offered me the rifle for $150, I think that is too low, will have to come up a price since I can't rely on you "Doubting Thomas's."
Rodent, don't blame us that have pissed away our brain cells on better beer than yours! ;)
Also, If you'll talk to me about that Nagoya Long maybe you can feel better about offering more.

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Didn't see the 4-5 posts between Okiedokees and my last. As I said, different strokes...
But, my fellow collectors, with WW II vets dropping like flys it's worth asking about a rifles history when you buy. History is worth preserving even if it is word of mouth, if it is recorded as such.
You betcha! I do ask every time there seems to be some, any connection to it's "capture". Other than my 20th series Kokura my only other piece with "history" is my Baby Nambu that has it's holster numbered to the pistol, is dated Taisho 3 (1914). The pistol is numbered 1786. It also has a block stamp that reads "Army Infantry Captain Miyake Katsumi". With the amazing help of Teri Bryant, (as well as Shin Nimura, & Edokko), I've learned about this fella's graduation from "Army Officers School" and to learn that he, apparently, survived the war. So much more to know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.