Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get my paws on an early rear hand guard clip (grooved). for some time now. I have been passing them up for $50-$60 hoping they may come down a tad....then, last nights auction on Ebay- a clip went for over $150!!!!! Glad to see things going well in the Garand market, but it sure puts a dent in the old wallet. Maybe I should try the WTB forum...can't hurt.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think I paid $40 for one back in June, at the NGD show in Louisville. I got a business card from the guy, Thomas Gray (770) 301-5446. Give him a call.

-Bean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Call me a non-purist, but when I saw the going rates for a grooved handguard clip, I just carefully filed a groove in a regular clip. Hard to tell the diff without a grooved one next to it, and even then it's difficult. Figured I'd replace it when I had the money and opportunity, then just accepted it and forgot about it. Not selling the gun it's on and never will, so no fraud intended. If I was to sell the gun, would advise of the clip. It matches the one already on the gun, by the way, and you'd have to look really closely to tell the diff between the one and the other.

·
Gold Bullet member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bean...I ordered two @ $40/ea.. They are in great condition. My M1's couldn't be happier... He has a few more for sale, but the price has gone up to $50/ea.. Tom has a number of old parts for the M1 and will be selling on his own web site shortly.

Palongrifles: I wish I had your skill....can you make me a couple of flush nut sights?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry for the necro-post, but what does one of these fetch nowadays. I found an upper handguard with a grooved clip in a parts box.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I have several original grooved rear bands, and middle bands that I plan on selling. Might just have to dig them out and put some on the WTS section here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts