Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
6,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here it is (I did some internet searches but can't come up with any info on this one).
It's a BRNO model 4 with a complete Biathlon stock and rig.
The condition is better than 95%.
It was made in the 80's, early or mid, is the best I can find out.
The stock is new, as are the sling attachments (I removed the plastic bag in order to take pictures of the sling/s).
As pictured a nice wood box with various sight inserts.
Barrel is 27in. more or less and the overall length is 46. (The pictures make it look shorter)
It's going up for sale, and I need a solid idea of high/low values before I post WTS ads or G/B auction.
Glad to answer questions or take more or better pictures.
Thanks all..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Put it on an auction site for a starting bid of $1.00/no reserve and let people with $$ tell you what it is worth.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I would NEVER have thought of that one....?
I guess I should have asked if anyone KNEW or had a FIRM idea of what it might be worth.
It's a fairly rare rifle, so I know I may not get any informed advice, but I've bought and sold hundreds of items on Gunbroker, Auction Arms and E-pay, and when I post an AUCTION I always go no reserve, no buy now and $1.00 starting bid.
This rifle is not going to an auction. I am going to post WTS ads.
It will sell for very close to what I end up asking for it, PERIOD, or it will stay home!

·
Registered
429 Posts
TOU, you beat me to it...

It looks interesting for sure. A modern CZ does not hold a candle to the old Brno .22s. Close, but not the old world quality.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Nice biathlon rifle! I'd guess at least $1200, maybe $1500 in that condition. An Anschutz 64R Biathlon rifle, with no harness, accessories, or sights, is in the $1200 range right now. Do a Google search on Biathlon clubs and contact them for a better idea of the value, or simply offer it on a Biathlon web site. Your's is a very specialized competition rifle. Good luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It looks like a ZKM 456, several months ago one was offered on Gunbroker in the $700 range but didn't sell. These were imported in the 1990's by Bohemia Arms, import mark a should look like,
Bau arms, E Valli, Ca..
Check the action for proof marks, these were usually built from old guns sitting at the factory and show proofs dated from the 1950's and 60's.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, great info guys, thanks!
It's back in storage, where it's been since I first posted, so I have to go to the storage locker and drag it into the light for a close inspection of the proofs and import marks, if any...
It appears from photo's to be a summer trainer, not a true biathlon competition rifle though.
Wondering if it WAS built from a 50's or 60's action, if that is good or bad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts