Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a full size 9M automatic, and I recently stopped a my favorite gun shop to see what he might have. While there I notice a 1911A1 Rock Island 45 auto. that was in a display case. It seemed to be in good shape although I didn't actually handle it for a closer inspection. Asking price was $440.00. I'm just curious if that's a competitive price for that particular weapon in probably VG condition? Thank you for your time and expertise.

·
Gold Bullet member
217 Posts
price seems too high. i wouldnt pay over $350 for that. i can get hi-standard GI 1911s (along w/ rock island, another armscorp made 1911) from a local dealer for $330

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,579 Posts
Local markets vary. For example prices in California are different than in the local backwater where I am.

Forums like this one do offer the benefit of finding a cheaper market.

·
Registered
203 Posts
that is way out of line for a used Rock Island. Centerfire Systems has these as well. right now they have the .38 super on sale for $299 and .45's are not much more

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am in the market for a full size 9M automatic, and I recently stopped a my favorite gun shop to see what he might have. While there I notice a 1911A1 Rock Island 45 auto. that was in a display case. It seemed to be in good shape although I didn't actually handle it for a closer inspection. Asking price was $440.00. I'm just curious if that's a competitive price for that particular weapon in probably VG condition? Thank you for your time and expertise.
Check out SOG also. Not too long ago they had them NEW for $275, base model, but I'm sure they are somewhat higher now, probably a little over $300 by now.
By the way, everything I have heard on these has been good.
Used for $440??? I think I'd find a new "favorite gun shop".....unless you just look there.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
I paid $300 for my 1911A1 several years ago, and they haven't changed more than about 10%, $350 for my Commander and $400 for my Compact....
I wouldn't pay more than $350 for the 1911A1....personally, because I know what wholesale is on them. The retailer has to make a little something in order to keep the doors open..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Local markets vary. For example prices in California are different than in the local backwater where I am.

Forums like this one do offer the benefit of finding a cheaper market.
all too true. take that $440 price tag and add $200, thats what the average Southern Kommiefornia price looks like :(.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I fpund one of these for $325 recently. I really want a 38 Super, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts