Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently offered a very nice original FBI case for a Thompson submachine gun in excellent condition - it is identical to the one pictured on the Thompson book by Tracie Hill... Even has a small metal plaque with the gun's serial number inside the lid. Comes with an original cleaning rod and no other accessories...
What is the price range for these items?
Thanks.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
Speaking about cases, many years ago someone gave me the original canvas bag for the 1921, with pockets for the straight and the drum magazines, the bag has two main pockets, one for the stock and other for the barreled action-Any idea if it has some value???

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
I have never seen one of these, not even in a museum so I would say that the bag would bring more than the FBI case. Maybe $3000.00 (just a guess on my part)

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
I looked everywhere for this damn bag and finally found it,I did not remember properly, the bag has no provision for the drum mag, just for the straight ones(four pockets)It is in pristine condition, no stains, the canvas is a little hard, because it never saw use in decades, I could assure it was never used, not a single drop of oil-I never payed attention to it, even thought that sometime when we moved the thing went to the trash, luckily it was not so-Tonight I'll post a picture-

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
This is the canvas bag for the Thompson-It was given to me decades ago by a friend whose father was an officer of the Argentine Navy in the 30's-At that time south american forces bought warships from the USN and many came fully equiped, also with small arms, this canvas bag is undoubtedly original, the fabric, latches, finish and quality could not have been duplicated with the materials obtainable in Argntina at that time-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.