Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at 'em, decided I finally need one (after saving up the proper funds) and I'm curious as to the approximate market value on them now. I know that it will be difficult to get an extremely accurate market value for the 41's due to their relative scarcity on the market, but any attempt would be appreciated.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
The best way to see what they are really selling for, or not selling for, is to go on Gunbroker or Auctionarms and search by completed auctions. A G41(W) with a mismatch bolt carrier and repro stock has been on and off Gunbroker for the last few months. No takers at $4,000. Which is a very low price. A nice G41 or G41(W) will tip the $5,000 to $7,500 mark; and a G41(M) about in any decent condition will bring close to $10K. I see G43's on both sites go begging for as low as $1,400 for mismatch bearly shooters, to $3,500+ for a nice matching DUV. AC's a little higher on both ends. Of course this is with out a scope on the G43's. Add another $1,200 to $1,600+ for a correct original scope & mount. Good Luck - Skid

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So basically the prices haven't really changed all that much since last November when I checked the last time... seems the market really leveled out. I'd love to jump on that G43 Miles, but unfortunately I have to take the time to save up the proper amount of cash for it.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Prices have gone down on just about everything due to the economy. If you want one - now is the time. You just have to find someone who really wants to sell.

Where I live;

The asking price for collector grade G43s was $2999 a year ago. Now its $2499. Thats the asking price - not what there selling for.

G41(W)s are so hard to find - you can ask just about any price and not be laughed at. At the last Chantilly show there were 3 collector G41(W) rifles for $10-$12K. Rediculous and of course they did'nt sell.

I saw ac G41(W)s selling for $5000-7000. duv G41(W)s selling for $4500-$6000. Trial G41(W) (marked G41(W)) going for $5500-$9000.

Knock off the price for mismatched sn#s or replacement wood.

G41(M)s seem to be $8000-$12000.

As I said above - the trick is to be in the right place at the right time. If you got the money - you can find one at a great price.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last 41(M) I saw was right in that range, I think the exact price was about $9500, but again, not in my price range. I'm kinda sorry to see them stagnating like that, but I guess with the economy the way it is, no one can afford them. I have a feeling that when the economy bounces back we might see a resurgence of prices like those during the "assault weapon ban" craze... but we shall see how that turns out.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
The economy isn't all bad for everybody, that's a democrat myth. Lots of people still have money to burn, even if I don't. Investment-grade collectibles retain their value, even in tough times, and even gain value, like gold has been doing, simply because other investments are doing so poorly. A falling stock market and 2% CDs leave a lot of people with nowhere else to invest, so high-grade guns have remained relatively stable, even if they go unsold. Most owners would rather hold a valuable gun than lose money on it, unless they get in a financial bind and have to have immediate cash. Besides that, check the wholesaler's ads, even common guns aren't getting much cheaper, and are in fact increasing. You can still find bargains, but you have to look.
As for G43 and G41 DUV prices, I'd WAG that a nice G43 will cost at least $2,000, and a nice G41 at least $5,000. Beaters are less, and pristine examples are higher.

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
The economy isn't all bad for everybody, that's a democrat myth. Lots of people still have money to burn, even if I don't. Investment-grade collectibles retain their value, even in tough times, and even gain value, like gold has been doing, simply because other investments are doing so poorly. A falling stock market and 2% CDs leave a lot of people with nowhere else to invest, so high-grade guns have remained relatively stable, even if they go unsold. Most owners would rather hold a valuable gun than lose money on it, unless they get in a financial bind and have to have immediate cash. Besides that, check the wholesaler's ads, even common guns aren't getting much cheaper, and are in fact increasing. You can still find bargains, but you have to look.
As for G43 and G41 DUV prices, I'd WAG that a nice G43 will cost at least $2,000, and a nice G41 at least $5,000. Beaters are less, and pristine examples are higher.
Amen! High quality collectibles have not dropped. Actually I would up your estimate on a G/K43.

Scott

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Actually, I was low-balling both prices, thinking of nice, sharp-bore, non-matched but all-original shooters. All-matched in excellent condition would add about a thousand bucks to both, probably more for the G41 W

·
Registered
476 Posts
+1

Too bad OP I just sold my "extra" AC 44 B block, I had 2. Only issue was a broken bolt carrier and it was priced to move.

I had some great luck with G43's last year. Here are some prices I have seen them sold for recently. Milde Bubba $800, All original parts but mismatch including 4 mags, original hood and rod, and czech scope and mount $1600. Bolt mismatch $1200. All found at small gun shows, pawn shops, and online traders.

Read recently of a guy who picked up a matching AC43 in a pawn shop for like $800.

Deals are still out there. Highest prices will be Gunbroker and collector gun shows.

G41's as stated are rare enough that the owner can just set a price and wait for the right buyer. Might take a while, but when someone is jonesing for one, the pickings are slim so they can climb high.

I lucked into my AC G41 and it isnt going anywhere, I will save it and give it to my son. Maybe it can put his kids through college one day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
G41W sold in the May Rock Island Auction Sale

http://www.rockislandauction.com/auction_photo.aspx?aid=49

This link is to Lot # 1735, an early push button bolt release G41W. It sold in the April/May auction for $7475. Add the buyer's premium of 15 to 17.5% and you are looking at over $8700. There are some G41s in both the upcoming June 26 and September auctions.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dunno I'm not too overhyped on getting one, so I'm just going to save up the cash, then sit back and wait for the right one to come along at the right price. I've met a person at the shooting range that got a G41(M) at a small pawn shop out in the boonies which had it labeled as an SVT40, and put it up on the rack for $1,000. As he says it, he offered 'em $900 otd and they let it go for that price. Shouldn't we all be as lucky?

Anyway, as I said, I'm in no hurry, because you never know when a great gun will come along for an amazing price. In fact, my usual strategy is to post in the want ads section of the local paper and see what crops up. Quite a few times people reply that have had a rifle sitting in the attic for God knows how long, want nothing to do with it, and will offer it for sale for a song. It's been heartbreaking when things popped up through those ads that were illegal to buy (I've been contacted about 2 BAR's, 1 M2 carbine, 2 MP40's, an MP41 (seriously. I though they were just a legend), and an MG42 that I have no idea how it got snuck home). I was so tempted to buy them and cut the receivers, but I didn't want to risk being caught doing that so I had to pass.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
71,323 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts