Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm thinking of selling this. It was purchased back in the early 80s and I have no idea of its worth today. It's NIB and never been fired.

Please advise.

Thank you.

AFOM

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice revolver, pricing commemoratives/special editions is always difficult, some bring signficantly more than a stock gun and others don't, interest and demand vary by region (conventional wisdom would have it that your revolver would be most sought after in LA) but your 19 has what collectors want, all the boxes/papers/etc. and it appears to be mint from the photos.

I've seen other boxed, mint commemoratives go for upwards of $2000.00 at auction, and the SCSW reports a Tex Ranger 19 commemorative set going for $3150 in Dec, 2005. If you really want max. return I'd consider assigning it to one of the national auction houses; i.e. Rock Island Auction, Jum Supica's Old Town Station, etc. Or you could try one of the online auction services.

The SCSW indicates you revolver retailed for $350 in 1981, production was limited to 1981 units, and it is C&R. Hope that helps, you've got a nice and desirable investment there, and good luck with your sale.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Some of these commemoratives dont even sell for the original price, especially the ones distributors, not the factory, did. See the Blue Book first, then search the internet.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Have you checked out www.smith-wessonforum.com ? If you don't get enough info here, you'll probably get more than you need there. Lots of RKI's there when it comes to S&W revolvers.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Yeah, I lucked into a few commemoratives a few years ago, that came to me cheap and was happy to sell them at a loss. I think the advice to see what the S&W folks think is sage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts