Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found 2 nicer than normal 91/30's at a duhnams store near my house. One is dated 1928 and I think its an Izhevsk. Stock looks nice as well. Matching parts, but magazine is crossed off to match. Is $120 a fair price? They also have a 1932 Iz there for the same price.

Also, the 1928 seems like a 91/30, but thewy wern't made until 1930. When M1891's were converted, did they re-barrel, are mix and match all parts?

·
Banned
10,845 Posts
a) I am not sure when they were converted, I think it was from 1931 to 1936.
b) They did not install new barrels when brining rifles that were made in the 1920s to 1930 Specifications.
c) I think they kept original parts during conversion. The magazine floor plate (I assume from your description) was most likely matched to the rest of the rifle in the later (post WWII) rebuilding program.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Found 2 nicer than normal 91/30's at a duhnams store near my house. One is dated 1928 and I think its an Izhevsk. Stock looks nice as well. Matching parts, but magazine is crossed off to match. Is $120 a fair price? They also have a 1932 Iz there for the same price.

Also, the 1928 seems like a 91/30, but thewy wern't made until 1930. When M1891's were converted, did they re-barrel, are mix and match all parts?[/quote

Put them on lay-away and wait for the sale price of about $89.

Dumbham's sucks. The guy here scoops any good stuff and puts crap out for the public.

(Yes, you, Bridgeville, PA Dunhams store manager, you and your employees are nothing more than gun thieves and you run a horriibly merchandised store...you should be fired! I spit on you! Pwaaaaispt. May you die from ants in your shorts, God willing!)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the thoughts. Was considering wiating for the sale, which occurs regularly. Not worried about the 1932. Its the 1928 that I wondered is there was more value. Of the 4 stores in my area, this one gets least picked over. They have probably 9 91/30's, excluding 2 laminant models. I wish they got in some RC Kar98's.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
So long as you don't proclaim, "Praise be to Allah!!1" whilst strapping several kilotons of dynamite to your groin, Homeland Security shouldn't really care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts