Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a really nice rifle today and was curious about value. The rifle is an 1897 Izhevsk M91 Dragoon with D mark, SA stamp, and intact Imperial Eagle stamps. The stock is a Finnish two-piece wartime round finger-groove stock which is solid despite having that "been there and done that" look, which I happen to like. The sling slots have the thick wire hangers common to Finnish captured rifles. The really neat thing is the bolt is original (I think) with a complete serial number on the flat surface of the bolt that matches the receiver (as opposed to the last three digits on the "ball" of the bolt). I did not look down the bore other than to notice that it appears to have been counterbored. I cannot recall, but, I do not think the magazine floor plate was matching and I don't think the butt plate had a serial number (IIRC it had a Tula hammer stamp on it).

So, the asking price was $265 and I might be able to talk them down a bit. What is a reasonable price range?

Tim

·
Silver Bullet member
1,896 Posts

even in this depressed market,i don't think that is too bad at all. i believe anything below $250 would be a must do if you are into dragoons. all of the rather uncommon guns seem to come in waves. 6 offered in a week,then none for 6 months.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,770 Posts
As described, that is a good price. If it has correct dragoon bands and handguard, it's a screamin' deal.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it has correct dragoon bands and handguard, it's a screamin' deal.
Would you or another board member have photos of what the dragoon bands and handguard look like? If so, I can swing by the store on Monday and see whether the rifle has these dragoon features.

Tim

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It's obviously a replacement (finger groove) stock, so if it had the solid bands it would only be a coincidence rather than an element of additional originality. Still, In my opinion, dragoon config = +1, antique date = +1, Finned = +1, I'd have a hard time not grabbing it for that price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.