Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a gunshow today in Tucson - It was terrible. There were a few M44s, M38s and M91/30s for $150.00 each! The most pathetic thing on the table (which I have seen several times before) was a beat up M91 with new looking PU scope attached advertised as a "Russian Sniper".

The market has been flooded with "Repro" M91/30 Sniper Rifles. I don't know if people are afraid to buy "Snipers" advertised as authentic because of all the "Repros" on the market. I have not seen an authentic PU sniper on sale for a long time.

I purchased six authentic M91/30 snipers in 2000. I paid less than $600.00 for each of them at the time including tax, shipping and FFL fees. What does an authentic M91/30 PU go for these days?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Depends on what is meant by "authentic". An truly authentic M91/30 PU WW II sniper just exactly as it was used in WW II and never refurbed would likely be $2K to $3K and up...but it is probably in a Soviet museum or attic somewhere. If by "authentic" you mean a totally genuine Soviet arsenal refurb from the post WW II era, maybe $800. to $1K. I do not use the word "authentic" to describe a resurrected ex-sniper - even if all of the parts are genuine because it never left an "authentic" Soviet arsenal in its present condition. It is cobbled up from original or replica parts. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not "authentic". DDR

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I went to a gunshow today in Tucson - It was terrible. There were a few M44s, M38s and M91/30s for $150.00 each! The most pathetic thing on the table (which I have seen several times before) was a beat up M91 with new looking PU scope attached advertised as a "Russian Sniper".

The market has been flooded with "Repro" M91/30 Sniper Rifles. I don't know if people are afraid to buy "Snipers" advertised as authentic because of all the "Repros" on the market. I have not seen an authentic PU sniper on sale for a long time.

I purchased six authentic M91/30 snipers in 2000. I paid less than $600.00 for each of them at the time including tax, shipping and FFL fees. What does an authentic M91/30 PU go for these days?

Check this out and you will find out the price as of today:

http://www.rguns.net/016_13.html

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
So is my most expensive one - an older import with no import marking. It is as "authentic" as I can afford right now. :eek: I also have a Century fake "SA" M91/30 sniper and a "reconstituted" "genuine" Yugo/Soviet M91/30 sniper. The new repros in the $350. range are supposed to be excellent shooters, I hear. DDR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Price Check for AUTHENTC PU MN/91/30 Sniper

Lenscrafter, The stocks of the PU Snipers being sold by R Guns for $800.00 seem to be pretty rough (as indicated by their pics). I have one in that condition. SARCO claimed it was the last PU they had in 2000 and they would not lower the price - the stock had the finnish rubbed off in several "streaks" - it looked like it was transported with another MN whose bolt rubbed against the PU Sniper. The other five of my PU Snipers (including two Tulas) are verrrrrry nice. I suppose they would sell on the high end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.