Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I suppose most of you have seen the latest internet news stories (25 March 2021) about North Korea and the missiles tests being conducted. They are developing ICBM's capable of delivering nuclear war heads to targets thousands of miles distant. I believe President Biden and his advisors have very little concept of the meaning behind Mr Kim's efforts and his programs. President Biden is more concerned about the equality act and the corona virus vaccine programs to give much thought to Kim's activities.
I think folks living in large metro. locations along the east and west coasts should give some thought about relocating inland as far as possible. Critical survival supplies they are able to pack and take with them in vehicles should be loaded and ready to head out, including as much gasoline as possible. There might be only a day or two or less heads up warning before HELL FIRE breaks.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Good luck with living anywhere ConUS with both coats nuclear wastelands. Survivability won’t be good anywhere at that point.
Also the central plains military installations would probably be targets too. Fallout will end crops and so much for those hoping to farm out to eternity.
That said, I’d rather be in central Idaho than central LA when the big one hits!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Little rocketman shooting off rockets, Putin challenging him to a public debate without a teleprompter, China publicly spanking Blinkin in what were negotiations but ended up being demands are all signs every dictator in the world knows they can bend over the US. China will be taking over most of Asia as everyone watches, then it's only a matter of time before the US falls to non-english speaking communists. The first step will be raising interest rates on bonds china holds here, then calling in the notes and foreclosing.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, everybody seems to have an answer for today's problems no matter what those problems might be. I myself am prepared for come what may. I believe 148Infantry pretty much hit the nail on the head saying "survival won't be good anywhere". And that he would rather be in central Idaho than in central LA. My wife are living in western Montana in a mountainous area that might give us some protection for a while but eventually we too could be victims of the fall out. I'm ready to meet my maker any where, any time, any way.
I know what you mean staffy. We lived for 10 years in Europe and were told to have our "get out of Dodge" bags packed and ready to head for the airport within 15 minutes notice. We were told by folks who knew better that we would never make it out anyway. We just lived our lives and did our jobs a day at a time.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I can see the West coast being concerned, but I dont see N. Korea having the capability to hit East coast targets. Even with flying the missile over the arctic would still be a long shot for Kim to hit the East cost. Im not going to lose sleep over it.

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
Nobody stops to think about it this way:

Kim has more to fear from his rockets than any of us. Given that they exist, were some generals to go off and score even one hit on the USA, nuke or dummy warhead, doesn't matter, then we retaliate and Pyongyang is a crater, because our stuff does work. Whatever else happens, Pyongyang is a crater.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,104 Posts
We lived with the 4 minute warning for any years during the Cold War in Europe, just learned to get on with life, not much you could do about it.
We are not taking visitors at present down under, thank you. The Drop Bears will have to turn on the locals until other countries can get their act together.🙃

ditto hear,

between the supposed inaccuracies of the Soviet warheads, and the large number of targets in this are, duck and cover would be a joke,

so we just got on with it,

not worried about Rocket Boi or his sister Dragon Lady,

·
Banned
18,170 Posts
I grew up in the U.K. in the "4 minute warning" era of the cold war.
I've always thought of myself as pretty much an independent thinker.
But that is ingrained into my soul simply because it was repeated loudly enough & frequently enough its impossible to ignore.
I remember back in (Americium equivalents) 7th grade, Jr High school, we were mass interviewed by some .GOV flunky. His question was:
What would you do in that 4 minutes?
My answer was:
See that white wall on the gym block? I'd walk over to it, press my raised hands up against it & do "the VEE". (Harvey Smith, not Winston Churchil).
He asked me why?
I told him because then the Hiroshima style silhouette etched in the wall would say:
"Someone went down defiantly, even at the very end".
This would have been from a 12 year old.

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
If they had just gotten married we would have another conservative state the republicans probably would have kept the white house and the senate and we wouldn't have this problem

the official reasoning for nukes both N Korea and Iran is they can act like jerks and the US won't invade .. they make the case of all the countries like Iraq we did invade and dictators we overthrew Saddam Pinochet Noriega Ortega that didn't have nukes

Nukes are to terrorize the civilian population and keep them from demand war/ revenge . smart munitions' are to terrorize the military and dictators to keep them peaceable. There is to much US military power between N Korea and the west coast or even Hawaii that would have to be nuked to prevent a non-political disasterious nuke capability/ leadership decapitation by US to have any left over for a civilian target and way to big of a chance of the rocket missing / the warhead not functioning/ interception/ the rocket failing on launch ( we can intercept mortar shells and reentry bodies now and everything in between with a reasonable chance of success ) to try to start something. They aren't that stupid or crazy and we aren't that complacent that we aren't ready to stop the attempt .

We aren't talking 70,000 warheads here.. at most 10-20 and most are on short range missiles for South Korea/ Japan /carrier groups /Guam all with intercept capability and decapitation capability that they would all have to be taken out

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not especially concerned about Mr. Kim's rockets or war heads. I think China is the biggest fly in the ointment today with their missiles and war head capability, much more numerous and reliable than Mr. Kim's. Anyway I've had a good, long life (pushing 90) with what could be called a successful career of 52 years and still in reasonably good health (so my Dr. tells me He even told me I have a good chance of reaching 100 years young.) I said thanks but no thanks.
As I mentioned above I'm well prepared to meet my MAKER anytime.
I believe most world leaders today now realize we have an EMPTY SUIT sitting in the White House that will back down to anyone who might challenge him, including Mr. Kim. I believe that empty suit's thinking is "Peace at Any Price" and he'll prove it to anyone.

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
@Big Coulee that's your belief, but that's all it is.

How many times has that suit shot himself in the foot since he took office? None, so far as I can tell, particularly on his top priority, which is getting the country to the other side of Covid. Had the ADHD President been re-elected, he would still be undercutting the agencies and sending his favorite crackpots to blow smoke at us. God only knows where vaccine distribution would be, but safe bet is a total clusterf--k.

Does anyone miss getting Covid advice from the Pillow Guy? Seriously?

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
China has a "relatively small" nuclear arsenal deliberately so under the philosophy that just enough to be a deterrent is enough. How China's Ballistic Missile And Nuclear Arsenal Is Ballooning According To The Pentagon (thedrive.com)
A philosophy we have adopted , but China saved Trillions of dollars that they used for conventional forces instead

Microsoft Word - Modernization of US Nuclear Forces.docx (llnl.gov)

at the peak all up we had about 70,000 warheads, Russia wasn't far behind

Roughly enough for either the US or Russia to exterminate all life on the planet 15-20 times over with some doubt if the glowing cinder would be able to maintain orbit around the sun ( not an exaggeration)

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
I worked with a WO that knew one of the WO ( Warrant Officers) that was at President Reagan's first Special Weapons' Briefing, He was just there if they needed any nitty gritty tech stuff if The President asked questions on the weapons themselves instead of the usual policy and strategic questions .. we will never know what was said or asked BUT the WO said he had never seen anybody that pale walking under his own power, when President Reagan came out of that Briefing, President Reagan announced Starwars and then START talks followed , President Bush , as soon as the wall came down removed and destroyed all the Tactical Nukes September 27, 1991 NBC News Special Report (Nuclear Weapons Reduction/Pres. George H.W. Bush) - Bing video unilaterally as an example for other nations ... and President Trump ask several Times "well, if we have nukes why can't we use them " Trump Asks, 'If We Have [Nuclear Weapons], Why Can't We Use Them?' (politicususa.com) as if it was nothing but a "just another weapon"

Presidents Reagan and Bush is why I was a conservative Republican, President Trump not so much some call it politics, some insanity, , I call it survival. nothing personal, just policy

I might also add President Eisenhower
Eisenhower Farewell Address (Best Quality) - 'Military Industrial Complex' WARNING - Bing video

for those that forgot what Republican Presidents used to sound like

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.