Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This on Friday

Walked into a gun store after work. This place is a bit out of the way in an old blue color neighborhood but I was going to a friend's house and this store was maybe another 5 miles past his. The store has been there since something like the 40's or 50's. Anyhow, this is the kind of place where you can find just about every variety of Mausers, Enfields, Steyr's, Sharps 45/70. All kinds of lever guns and shotguns and some have hefty prices (im sure they're rare I just know didly squat about them) If you want obscure ammo they'll have it. They've got all kinds of old revolvers, HiPowers, Brownings, 1911s. You can spend a week in there and every day find some kind of gun you've never seen before. The place looks small but they have a metric shit ton of guns. So there I was browsing when I spot what books to be a Galil. Square wooden lower handguard, bipod, folding stock and all. Sticker says $1400...to much for me but its a Galil. I asked to see it and when its handed to me I see its on "consignment" and its a Century Golani dressed up.....WTF is the owner thinking? I hand the rifle back and about to leave when I notice the bottom of an underfolder stock.and ask to see it. The salesman hands me a preban Norinco 56-1, 7.62x39 underfolder in immaculate condition. Says the gun comes with some extras (original paperwork and cleaning kit and mag + 2 extra mags no box but has a soft case). I take the rifle apart and its never been fired. No residue on the poison, nothing inside the receiver, pristine barrel. It was all good but no price sticker. Salesman says "we just got this. Some guy brought it in to put on consignment." The owner hears this and yeals from the back "ITS $599!!!!!

It is now in my safe.

The package

cleaning kit

Manual

Extra cover with scope. Lame! But at least the previous owner didn't fubar the original cover

·
Copper Bullet member
599 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Score! The bottom mag is much more collectible, as per AK Blue's comment on origin. Shoot the heck out of the top two if you choose to de-virginize it. You kinda got a mixed bag of accessories but the rifle itself is enviable!

·
Registered
342 Posts
That will make an excellent shooter. Get it out of the safe and give it a proper christening. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.