·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After picking up a very nice prewar Belgian Military Hi Power
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

... And flat board shoulder stock...

Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Rectangle

I was left seeking the accompanying items which would've come with the pistol when originally issued.

Didn't realize how difficult they were to find, so I looked for about 7 years, until a few months ago I found the extremely scarce leather stock holster. The type of holster which mounts to the stock is relatively common, but my pistol would've been issued with a stock sans rivets, and it's holster would have contained both the stock, and the pistol, inside. Very, very rare.

Brown Hand Human body Textile Sleeve

Luggage and bags Sleeve Waist Gesture Bag

So the last major piece missing was the dual magazine pouch. Luckily I just convinced someone I had been in talks with to part with one of his. Unfortunately it is serialized, and doesn't match my pistol, but I am extremely happy to have found one.

Brown Wood Rectangle Electronic device Gas

Rectangle Gas Metal Wood Fashion accessory

Hand Gesture Glove Finger Thumb

Anyone have pistol #17815?

Now I need a belt, cleaning rod and two prewar magazines.

Complete picture to follow.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! A challaging projest but your perseverance has paid off.
Thanks for sharing
Dan

Reactions: Juniorloaf

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,620 Posts
Fantastic rig assemblage, Juniorloaf.

I know where there are two pre-war mags.... but.... they go with my pre-war gun. :)

Good to see you posting again!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I know where there are two pre-war mags.... but.... they go with my pre-war gun. :)

Thanks Matt! Glad to hear you're still on the forums. Hope all is well, my friend.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,091 Posts
After picking up a very nice prewar Belgian Military Hi Power
View attachment 3885920

... And flat board shoulder stock...

View attachment 3885921

I was left seeking the accompanying items which would've come with the pistol when originally issued.

Didn't realize how difficult they were to find, so I looked for about 7 years, until a few months ago I found the extremely scarce leather stock holster. The type of holster which mounts to the stock is relatively common, but my pistol would've been issued with a stock sans rivets, and it's holster would have contained both the stock, and the pistol, inside. Very, very rare.

View attachment 3885923

View attachment 3885925

So the last major piece missing was the dual magazine pouch. Luckily I just convinced someone I had been in talks with to part with one of his. Unfortunately it is serialized, and doesn't match my pistol, but I am extremely happy to have found one.

View attachment 3885927

View attachment 3885928

View attachment 3885929

Anyone have pistol #17815?

Now I need a belt, cleaning rod and two prewar magazines.

Complete picture to follow.
I have a couple of those holster pouches and the serial number on them do not match any of my pistols. In any event I am happy to have the pouches.

The combo holsters come in brown and black.

·
70,091 Posts

I know where some are also. In fact I had a 613 marked Hi Power in the 45,000 range at NGD and a person looking at it complained that the mag was not 613 marked and he passed on it. But the mag was proper for a pre war Hi Power.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know where some are also. In fact I had a 613 marked Hi Power in the 45,000 range at NGD and a person looking at it complained that the mag was not 613 marked and he passed on it. But the mag was proper for a pre war Hi Power.
613 marked mags are relatively very scarce. Funny that was a deal breaker though. If you want to part with that mag, PM me :)

·
70,091 Posts
613 marked mags are relatively very scarce. Funny that was a deal breaker though. If you want to part with that mag, PM me :)
613 mags can be scarce, but would not be proper for a 613 marked Hi Power in the 45,000 serial number range.

The Hi Powers (roughly) between 44,500 and 47,000 were found in Belgian military acceptance sites as most have some but not all of the Belgian military acceptance proofs. That shows they were issued with the pre war markings. So the Germans took the pistols and put the 613 marking on them & did not bother with the mags. Now with the 613 marked Hi Powers starting with serial number 50,000, there were no Belgian military acceptance proofs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts