Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks i've always been curious about the composite bolt knobs on pre-k31 actions. What are these things made of exactly...bakelite?

I know they make replacement knobs and most seem to be a sort of lighter shade of red and look more like plastic.

I've seen a few that are a dark chocolate brown and was wondering if these are older replacement knobs...arsenal replaced perhaps?

Jason

·
Gold Bullet member
758 Posts
I have 2 repo knobs and yes they are lighter and do look like modern plastic, (what a disappointment). I havent done this yet but maybe a paint for plastic, say Dark Maroon? Someone suggested letting them soak in Tea?. Im not too happy with the look now. Although they are of good quality. I might try one of these on mine to see if I can get a Dark maroon. Good luck.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
I have 2 repo knobs and yes they are lighter and do look like modern plastic, (what a disappointment). I havent done this yet but maybe a paint for plastic, say Dark Maroon? Someone suggested letting them soak in Tea?. Im not too happy with the look now. Although they are of good quality. I might try one of these on mine to see if I can get a Dark maroon. Good luck.

Why not just ask Guisan for a dark one? He's always been a very helpful kinda guy for me.

tac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts