Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The K-2 series are truly fine rifles. I suspect the pot bellied dictator to the North has nightmares about them.:D

Accurate, reliable with adjustable gas systems, chrome lined barrels and using common AR-15 magazines, what's not to like? In the pre-89 days I remember buying my first one for a paltry $285, with three magazines. They now command $1200+ A few years later I got one of the DP-51 fast action pistols. Our South Korean allies have good small arms. For some reason I never picked up a K-1. With direct gas, the bulbous flash hider and wire telescoping stocks, they really did not appeal to me as much as the K-2. Frankly at the prices they now command, I don't know that I will ever get one.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as32-e.htm

The Daewoo Dp-51 9mm service pistol. This one is not mine, as I have not gotten a shot of it. Nice pistols, but rare enough parts will be an issue if used hard.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg47-e.htm

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gopguy,
I bought my AR-100 a couple of years ago. While paying a little more than the going rate, I do not know that I could ever replace it, which is why it will be the last firearm I would sell. I put a rail on mine and a quality red dot on it. Really fine rifle. Of the two in JJJxlr8's photograph, I prefer the lower one.

Gopguy, I have four rifles in 5.56mm. The Bushmaster XM15 E2S I picked up to round out my modest collection (now I am selling much more than I am buying). I started liking it only recently and it is a fine weapon. Number two is my Golani Sporter (like the rest of the chaps, I refer to it as a Galil), and while it is far from my best rifle, I like it alot inspite of its brutal treatment of brass (not reloader friendly). Number three I nearly sold a week back, but yanked it from the Tidewater Trading Post thirty minutes before the Wednesday noon deadline. And thank goodness for that, for I would dearly miss my Sterling AR-180 with its aftermarket scope mount and Sterling manufactured forty-round magazine.

Yet my absolutely go-to weapon in just about any societal breakdown situation would be my Daewoo (I shy from using the SHTF or TEOTWAWKI terms - both are all too apocalyptic in their implications). As you very well covered, the rifle comes with the best features of the its predecessors. Two Fridays back, I sold a really nice Luger (that did not have all matching #'s, much to my dismay, and thankfully no one on the 'boards bought it when I was hawking it a year ago. The interested party proved a gentleman about the whole thing and did not slash me horribly on the price) to a fellow, and when I mentioned owning a Daewoo in .223, he nearly forgot about the P-08. I could just see the look of regret on his face as he recounted having sold his AR-100 sometime back. Poor fellow.

So from one clubfoot to the next, thank you for the nice pictures and have a nice day,
JKHolman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts