Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ask me about my 390 lbs mother in law.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my sister up in Maine yesterday. Our mother is in the last stages of terminal COPD. I was asked to give my permission for the doctors to take out he IV's as they can only be in for a week. My mother also had a stroke and can't swallow, so she can't use a feeding tube. If she lies on her back her lungs will fill with fluid and she will drown. She has requested we let her go peacefully, which means shot full of morphine and die within a couple of days. I have peace about all of this as this is what she wanted. She is 84 years old. I lost my father when he was 46. He died nine days after I turned twenty one. As it looks I will be losing my mother aboout two weeks before I turn 57. I see everything as positive at this time. I know I can come to the boards and find solace from our band of members. I will have to begin my journey to Maine sometime tomorrow from here in South Carolina. Pray for safety and wise decisions to be made. Thank you all in advance.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Prayers inbound, all the best during a VERY hard time. Take care of your family the ways you know best.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,170 Posts
Prayers sent for her, you and the family. It is tough to let a loved one go, be strong for her.

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
I will turn 57 November 22. God be with you on your trip, and with your mom on her final journey.

regards
badger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother in this time of need, and may God give you the strength to overcome this hardship.
Mitch

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
Prayers for God's Mercy!

This old sinner will say a word for your safety during that long trip and your Mother's Peace! Bill

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Buckshooter...our prayers are with your Mom, you and your family. You're the same age as me, my Mom is about the same age and I lost my Dad when he was 47 and I was just 20....small world. Take solice in the comfort of prayers and faith, brother...

·
Registered
320 Posts
You, your mom and your family will be in my prayers.

Even after she leaves, she will still be with you ... just as your dad has been these many years.

I say Good Morning & Good Night to my mom everyday ... even though she left this earth in Summer'03 with me holding her hand.

God Bless & Safe Journey!

Kim

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Passage

Buck shooter;
Death can be a gift from the allmighty as there are a lot of things in this life that are worse.
Prayers are with you.
WLD Bill

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,799 Posts
You and your family will be in my prayers. I know this is a difficult time for everyone.

FWIW, I recently had my own will updated to have the same thing done, should I be in such a situation. I have already discussed this with my family, so that they would know my wishes, and that they would not feel any guilt.

May the good Lord watch over you and your mother.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Buckshooter, your mom, family and you are in our prayers. Don't make any decisions until you are comfortable making them. With the Lord as your guide you will know when that is.

·
Ask me about my 390 lbs mother in law.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is September 21 and my mom is still holding her own with no life supports. She rallied some while I was home. I was able to spend a week with her before I had to come back here to SC. She is at peace and death is imminent. Thank you everyone for the kind words you sent my way. You are all a gift from God.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
COPD is a very difficult illness. I wish you'r Mom all the peace and calm she deserves.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts