Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of my Facebook trader groups, a guy I traded a Beretta 92fs put up an fr8.

I've been looking for either an fr8 or an ishy enfield.

Well, I bought the fr8 for 250$ .

Mirror bore, bolt matches, metal is beautiful, and the stock has character.

I have it completely apart right now, I'll take more photos when it's together and the weather clears up. Musical instrument Music Musician
Pink Light Lighting Night Finger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sparkfly88....This week I basically did the same thing you did on a Facebook gun trading sight, except I was ignorant to what a gem I got in the trade. I was totally unaware of the FR-8's. I thought the pic he had was cool. He wanted $250 for the FR-8. Being broke as usual I offered him a used SCCY 9mm semi-auto for it. He said he would trade and would even throw in 5 boxes of ammo. I drove 80 miles each way to make the trade..here's what I came home with..very cool little carbine..can't wait to shoot it !! Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger
Auto part Tool accessory Pipe

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny thing is.... I traded my fr8 down the line for an even bigger steal.... Yours looks nice!
I shot the fr8 and realized I didn't like it because I had a habit of smashing my hand between the bolt and rear sight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks...its not often that I get the better end of a trade...first impulse was to sell it for quick profit, but now??? ordered NOS bayonet and sling and stripper clips for it...may take to gun show next weekend Jan 17-18 and see what I can trade it for. Or keep it...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had an "8" some 30 years ago. I modded it with a 20-round steel 98 Mauser mag from Sarco.

It worked great, I called it "My California approved assault rifle". I sold it sold for way too much $$ at a Cal. military vehicle show.

DDG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice rifle you got there. I saw one at local gun store. Didn't know what it was. Went home and researched it. Grabbed it Got a local supplier for a bayonet. she's home. The history is amazing on it Amazing to shoot for a little carbine on the Canadian side we don't see to many I paid 400 bucks Congrats on a piece of History
Sparkfly88....This week I basically did the same thing you did on a Facebook gun trading sight, except I was ignorant to what a gem I got in the trade. I was totally unaware of the FR-8's. I thought the pic he had was cool. He wanted $250 for the FR-8. Being broke as usual I offered him a used SCCY 9mm semi-auto for it. He said he would trade and would even throw in 5 boxes of ammo. I drove 80 miles each way to make the trade..here's what I came home with..very cool little carbine..can't wait to shoot it !! View attachment 853983 View attachment 853984

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very interesting. I knew a small woman named Arucas from a town named Grande Maruca. She was famous for drinking rum with soldiers. Uncanny to say the least.
Aruca and Maruca are woman names.
Arucas is a small town in Gran Canaria, famous for making Rum.
There was a rum branded "Ron Aruca' ... probably the soldier was missing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts