Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve submitted my paperwork to the atf and have yet to receive approval. But just in advance has anybody built a semi auto ppsh before? I’m prolly gonna make it hammer Fired and obviously gonna have to modify it to a closed bolt. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
if you are bound and determine to build a semi-auto PPSh 41, then you better glean all the info and legalities over on WEAPONSGUILD

Weaponsguild - Index

here is the forum for PPSh

PPSh-41 (weaponsguild.com)

it's a lot to take in, it's not like taking a AR15 lower and putting in the fire control group then slapping (mating) a upper on it, then calling it a "build".............. good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you are bound and determine to build a semi-auto PPSh 41, then you better glean all the info and legalities over on WEAPONSGUILD

Weaponsguild - Index

here is the forum for PPSh

PPSh-41 (weaponsguild.com)

it's a lot to take in, it's not like taking a AR15 lower and putting in the fire control group then slapping (mating) a upper on it, then calling it a "build".............. good luck
Yeah the atf considers any gun that fires from a open bolt a machine gun whether it shoots full auto or not. Also the designated barrel length is shorter than 16 Inches. So I sent in the paper work for the building of an sbr. The standard barrel length is 10.6 inches and it will be modified to be fired from a closed bolt and most likely will be hammer fired and also have the selector switch welded and permanently fixed in the semi auto position. I’m having my gunsmith help me through the process of legality and also building when I finally get my tax stamp back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not just pick up a PPS 43c semi auto pistol and have it SBR'ed ? It already has a closed bolt action and is hammer fired. I have one and really like it.
Ngl I’m prolly gonna get one eventually as well one I get the ppsh finished because I personally love eastern bloc firearms. and they share a common caliber. I’m guessing your pps43 is in 7.62?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Panzer ---- Yes it is 7.62mm. I've considered getting it SBR'ed but to plop down $200 and it is still a semi auto piece I find hard to do. I have a nice long carrying strap on the piece. That provides good stability with the strap around my shoulder and the back end of the pps43 about 8 or 9 inches from my face. Shooting my hand loads like that in the pps43 I'm able to get about a 6" group at 100yds. For my old hands and eyes (nearly 90) I figure that ain't bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.