Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes. I was able to stop by the gun show today before it closed, and was walking around when I noticed a PPSH 43 laying on a table with a price tag of $487. I wasn't able to get pictures, but I was curious of what these usually go for price wise, what to look for, etc, in case it's still there at the next gun show. The gun was all black metal, with a folding metal stock. Not the wooden variant.

M1/M3 Carbine: late '44 Inland
M1 Garand: late '44 Springfield

·
Registered
714 Posts
the pps43 only have a folding metal stock, the ppsh41 have a wood stock. there are plenty for sale on gunbroker for a little less then that and they are only semi auto if imported.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pps43 only have a folding metal stock, the ppsh41 have a wood stock. there are plenty for sale on gunbroker for a little less then that and they are only semi auto if imported.
Thanks! I don't know too much about them, but wouldn't mind having one in my collection if I could get it cheap. I'll check GB!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe what you saw was a Radom (Polish) PPS43C pistol. The folding stock was welded closed, and these are sold as pistols because their barrel length is less than 16 inches.

Shop around...487$ is too much. Our sponsor CFS has them: http://centerfiresystems.com/pps43-pis.aspx
Now that I think about it, the stock was welded close! You're good! Lol. Well now that I know it wasn't a bargain, I can save my money for something else. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
The other thing you need to know about those reproduction PPS43's is that many of them (mostly the early ones) suffer from reliability and broken parts issues.

Other than for the "Wow! That's REALLY Kewl !!!" factor of having one, IMHO there are a lot of better places I could find to put my money.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The other thing you need to know about those reproduction PPS43's is that many of them (mostly the early ones) suffer from reliability and broken parts issues.

Other than for the "Wow! That's REALLY Kewl !!!" factor of having one, IMHO there are a lot of better places I could find to put my money.
I hadn't paid attention to the welded stock, so I agree. Much better places to put my money. Lol.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,639 Posts
My Ppsh 43 was not welded. Rather the stock is pinned in place by a non functioning button. It's an IO and a fun SBR. I think it's great value for the money at under $300 for the pistol

·
Registered
153 Posts
+1 on the early models being unreliable. I had one that would fire in a two-or-three round burst, then fire out of battery, the pin holding the trigger in place was out-of-spec. The maker (Wise-Lite) fixed it for me, then I traded it away.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,024 Posts
In light of the current insanity, they are selling for $500.00 +/- on Gunbroker. Saw two on a dealer table in Lake Charles, @ $749.00 each! At a show where there's no dealers with them. I have no problem getting $500.00 for one. The general public, is not aware of gun availability, and prices.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They are 449 on Royal tigers importers site. About 100$ more than a few months ago. But still worth the Money if its a I.O imported Pistol made in the Random Factory in Poland.

My Stock is NOT welded but Rather held in place by the button on top of the Receiver. I got it for free... it shoots x25 Great so im doing a 9mm Luger Barrel (110$) conversion,Extra Parts kit and a SBR stamp since it will be easy to Convert. I see them as Solid Investments...

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,639 Posts
These are a definite buy especially with Feinsteins ban prohibits the import/sale of pistol versions of so called assault weapons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts