Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the availability of semi-auto PPS-43 pistols has dried up and the price gets high for those I see. Have the companies in Poland stopped making these pistols? I can't find out any information on them. I've got one and it is fun to shoot, since I figure I will never be able to acquire a full auto version.

If this is in the wrong forum I would appreciate someone suggesting where to post it. But I have found the Mosin Nagant folks very helpful! Thanks David Dunagin

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
warrio08 ---- I have a PPS-43 and like yourself I've wondered if they are still bethe ing made. I haven't see any advertised and wouldn't mind getting another. It is a very neat gun to shoot and I have dies to reload for it and my broomhandle Mauser pistol. Of course I reload completely differently for each gun and I never mix the reloaded ammo or the brass. PPS-43's will be hard to come by in a few years if this keeps up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hmm, my local FFL just took what looks to be a NIB one in on trade, if someone is looking for one, I could forward anyone interested his info. He literally just was finishing up the deal when I left, not sure what he is asking for it, but he is always reasonable.

EDIT: He is closed for the holiday and will be open again on WED I think.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unfortunately they are still available in my area. But I am living in Poland.
I am hunting down Polish made PPS-43 in original (but semi-auto) configuration. Without that pesky "C" suffix.
On the web sited this small detail is often not mentioned.
I have to wait till the end of Trump visit, the it will be mine .... If I am lucky it will be 1948 first series with HPC logo instead of later (6)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am interested in getting a hammer for the PPS-43C There doesn't seem to be any available in the U.S. Would the Polish company ship one? How do I get in contact with them. Maybe member "sarmatian" could help out. Would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Am interested in getting a hammer for the PPS-43C There doesn't seem to be any available in the U.S. Would the Polish company ship one? How do I get in contact with them. Maybe member "sarmatian" could help out. Would be much appreciated.
I can almost guarantee you the Polish company would not send you a single part for the weapon, to do so would likely violate international laws on arms trafficking. There are a couple parts houses that tend to specialize in Eastern Bloc weapons, RTG Parts (Wyoming?) is one I've ordered from in the past, also have had some luck with Sargo Inc in PA. Seems there is another similar parts house in Louisana, I'll have to see if I can find them for you. I also remember seeing a PPS-43C parts kit for sale, might have been in the ads in an issue of "Firearms (Shotgun) News". Sadly those parts kit are not all that less costly than buying the full up gun.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Last I checked import of low value small parts is completely legal under US law, with a few exceptions (parts over a certain value, high cap mags, receivers etc require permits) . Wether the company would do it is another issue.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Centerfire and others still have parts kits, barrels are available for purchase as well as trunnions/other small parts, and receiver blanks can still be purchased. Just build one. When I finish school and can devote more time to my gun projects, I will finish some of my kits laying around. Its doable.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
It seems the availability of semi-auto PPS-43 pistols has dried up ............ Have the companies in Poland stopped making these pistols? I can't find out any information on them.
INTER ORDNANCE was the exclusive importer of these pistols. and sold them through their retail outlet ROYAL TIGER. but they stopped the importation of them a while back. when importers cease importing certain firearms, that doesn't' involve gov't intervention, it's because they don't sell well to make it worth it.

they may have sold well in the beginning, but they didn't sell well as time went by, so they dropped it.

I bought the 7.62x25 one back in 2011 and SBR'd it. when they came out with the 9mm version later, and was selling them for something like 200 bucks I jumped on that.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
I can almost guarantee you the Polish company would not send you a single part for the weapon, to do so would likely violate international laws on arms trafficking. There are a couple parts houses that tend to specialize in Eastern Bloc weapons, RTG Parts (Wyoming?) is one I've ordered from in the past, also have had some luck with Sargo Inc in PA. Seems there is another similar parts house in Louisana, I'll have to see if I can find them for you. I also remember seeing a PPS-43C parts kit for sale, might have been in the ads in an issue of "Firearms (Shotgun) News". Sadly those parts kit are not all that less costly than buying the full up gun.

unfortunately, a parts kit won't help mijc, the fire control group in the semi-auto PPS43 is way, way different then what a real PPS43 has. there is no hammer, disconnector or sear etc.... on a real PPS43. since the PPS43 has a fixed firing pin, and is a open bolt MG, it "slam fire". so there is no hammer.

when you release the trigger a "bar" comes up and engages a "shelf" on the bottom of the bolt to hold it in the open position.

mijc, about the only thing you can do is

1)write RADOM factory and ask them to send you a hammer (good luck with that).

2) if you still have the broken hammer, have a local machinist make you a new one.

the other possibility is make a entirely new FCG, out of a AK FCG like this person did;

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2771&PN=2&TPN=3

·
Registered
383 Posts
I got 2 PSP 43's when they were cheap ($300 ea as I have no FFL)) along with a Colefire Pistol in 7.62x25. Got 7000 rds of ammo when was cheap too. Never have shot them but part of my collection. maybe one day i will shoot em?

·
Registered
181 Posts
They quit importing these a couple years ago, wish I would have bought another when they were blowing them out cheap.

I may put mine up for sale in the trader soon (7.62x25 version) since I dont shoot it much any more, it was new when I bought it. Has had a few hundred rounds through it with zero issues. I also bought one of the US made tool steel hammers a while ago from eBay just in case, not sure if the guy is still selling them - they were 50.00 which was kinda pricey. So far the original hammer on mine looks fine, its one of the later models so they may have improved some parts towards the end of production. Pretty cool pistol and a ton of fun to shoot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Still got mine, use it and a Tokarev in Sub gun matchs, hand load for it, never had a problem with it, My son insists I leave it to him in my will. Great woods gun for potting armadillos on the farm. Strapped to a tripod, makes a great faux "potato digger" for Cowboy matchs!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.