Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to build a pps-43 with a 16 inch barrel? Also what paper work is need to make it legal as a short barrel rifle?

Is there any way to use the folding stock?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
you can get all the info about building a semi-auto PPS 43 here;
PPs-43 / KP-44 (weaponsguild.com)

which I already pointed that out to you about a month ago

to make the stock functional it either has to have a barrel length of 16in or longer, or by doing a form 1 to make it a SBR, if your state allows it, which lucky for you NC does.

there should be a "sticky" somewhere on this board that tells you what paperwork and procedure you will need........off hand you need to make

three copies of the form 1, two goes to the NFA branch one to your CLEO

three passport photo, one on each form 1

two FD258 fingerprint cards that goes to the NFA branch

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Paddy ---- You'll like a PPS 43 pistol. I have a PPS 43 with the shorter barrel and folding stock fixed in the closed position in 7.62x25mm. I reload for the piece and it shoots very well with ammo that is hot enough for reliable function. I have a few boxes of older military ammo that is unreliable. My reloads are warm enough to give me good operation and are quite accurate out to and a little beyond 100 yds. If I had to depend on this piece for fairly close in home defense purposes I'd trust it without question. My reloads with fmj bullets easily penetrate hood metal and car door metal on some old junk vehicle body parts I have just for penetration testing. The Russian PPS 43 machine pistol weapons of WWII and after were considered among the best of their kind during the war.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
that is what I bought from INTERORDANCE (9mm PPS43 pistol) a few years after I bought the x25 one from them.................... price was just toooooooo good to pass on the 9mm one, this is when the gun market was dead, dead, dead, guns and ammunition was cheap, they were blowing them out for little over 200 bucks :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Paddy, SfcRet ---- I remember those days when the PPS 43 was going for around $200. I think I paid about $229 for my x25mm back then. I haven't fired mine a lot but enough to know where it is hitting out to 100 to 125 yds. and how much penetration I get out to around 40 to 50 yds. The 32 round mag. capacity is another plus for the PPS 43 semi auto. I have four mags. in a surplus German mag pouch that is camo colored with a shoulder strap. The mags feed from the double column that makes them very reliable. I've never had a jam with my own fairly warm reloads in the PPS 43.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
cwo ---- Yeah mine is Polish as well. You should fire that PPS 43 with some good warm 7.62x25mm, if that's what it is and have some fun with it. I reload for mine as I've mentioned and would trust it for fairly close in (well within 100 yds.) home defense, if it should ever come to that. For casual plinking at water filled milk jugs etc. using hard cast 100 grain lead bullets it is cheap to shoot and loads of fun.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you are talented not too hard to build one. But why reinvent the wheel ?
The Polish made PPS43 pistols are well thought out and made. If you shop around they can be had for $500 or less. Got one before the ChiCom flu hit us last year.

To use the shoulder stock legally you must register it with the BATmen as a Short Barrel Rifle. Do an internet search.

Unless you live in one of the backward States that does not allow this .

This can be done online, you want to E File a Form 1. Again, do internet search.

Fill out Form 1 online, send Uncle Sam a check (or major credit card) for $200 and wait.

The wait is not long for E File. They approved my Form 1 SBR for the PPS43 in 3 weeks.

To "fix" the stock after you get approved is not too much trouble but best to have access to a welder. Again, do internet search. There is info on Gun Boards about this under semi auto builders Forum.

The PPS semi works MUCH better when you can actually shoulder it. Unlike the movies, it is difficult to hit anything quickly when firing from the hip or using it without the stock. Except at very close range.

Good luck.
BTW it is a 35 round mag, not 32. ;)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
there are , INTERORDNANCE 7.62x25mm, available on GUNBROKER with a buy it now price of 499.00

also there is also, 9mm version made by FREEDOM ORDNANCE for a buy it now price of 643.00

that's the best price I have seen for a 9mm version........ all the other 9mm versions are like around 700 bucks or more.......the more expensive price for those has more to do with the caliber it shoots; the common and easily found 9mm

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
paddy, if it was me, I would go with the PPS43 in 9mm, that is ready to load a mag and to shoot it, no messing around with building it

use the stock release button and spring from the parts kit to make the stock functional on yours, after your form 1 arrives to you. it took me longer to drive to a friend house that has a tig welder to secure the release button to the stock locking bar then to make the stock functional

the nice thing with that, you can still shoot it as a "pistol", while waiting for the form1 to arrive

·
Silver Bullet member
51,117 Posts
So far $1,000 mine customizing ..being built for -a long while….polish was new unaired cut up.
trigger had to be completely resigned, beefed up over the one I bought? $$$
Re-squaring bolt, face, rear area too…
im now having a small Mount for mini lazar instal,….
going be a modernized useful pistol …
has quick change switch barrel…
in762x25 or
9mm if I want too, just buy barrel…fixed stock…
I’m just a waiting …

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Big Coulee, what are you using for bullets for your FMJ 7.62x25 reloads?
stg44 ---- I'm using 86 grain fmj .308" for my 7.62x25mm in the PPS 43 semi auto pistol. I have 110 grain hollow point .308" jacketed bullets and 115 grain .309" cast lead for just casual shooting and water filled milk jugs. In the PPS 43 they all seem to work fine. I use the 115 grain lead bullets in my shooter M1 Carbine loaded to about 1750 fps.

·
Registered
195 Posts
stg44 ---- I'm using 86 grain fmj .308" for my 7.62x25mm in the PPS 43 semi auto pistol. I have 110 grain hollow point .308" jacketed bullets and 115 grain .309" cast lead for just casual shooting and water filled milk jugs. In the PPS 43 they all seem to work fine. I use the 115 grain lead bullets in my shooter M1 Carbine loaded to about 1750 fps.
Hornady has discontinued their 86gr jacketed bullets. Privi lists 85gr jacketed but they don't appear to be "in stock" anywhere. I will keep looking. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
stg44 ---- Sorry to hear the fmj 86 gr. is no longer being produced. The boxes I have are a few years old and I'm conservative on my use of them. I shoot mostly the 115 gr hard cast lead bullets in my PPS 43 and my M1 carbine. Good luck I hope you find some on a gun store shelf.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,117 Posts
another new bolt and another longer new barrel....his cost!
he wouldn't let me put and added cent...said this is his ball game and he wants to win 100%!
the other bolt wasn't square, we shaved it level!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts