Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my PPS-43 today and I was truely overjoyed!. Nice gun with great accs. I can't wait to shoot it. I waited a long time for it but it was worth it. Thanks Eric!!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I got two mags with mine...plus I ordered the 69 dollar parts kit which came with a pouch/4mags...and pieces parts...

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the Mag pouch with two mags and a new sling.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
Thanks guys.
When I read Vic's review, I assumed that his accsesories were a part of the separate order.
I did not get anything with mine.
It's time to e-mail to MGS.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I finally got the ppsh out to the range today…boom!!!!

with this pic you can see the new slight bulge below the ejector port on the receiver...dang! it doesn't feel very good when this happens...

For my first clip I used Bulgarian headstamped 10-54…on the seventh round….it blew up on my hand which was holding the magwell….luckily it only bled for a tiny amount….it was quite the electrical type shocker though….plus the powder spray…..the shell casing looks like a shorter round now with a big skirt on it…

So I looked the gun over carefully…I noted that the receiver frame below the ejection port was bowed out a tiny bit…unsure if this was like that or not….but I also found some shell casing stuck between the barrel chamber and the reciever housing… a little pry with the screw driver and that piece fell out…

I cleaned her up and dumped the ammo from the mag and made sure there was not bits and pieces still in the gun or mag…then I switched ammo to Romanian 80’s stuff….

I shot it a couple times while making sure the bolt was in battery completely…but grew complacent and did not keep my eye on it every time….mind you I am firing slow, single shot only..(range officer rules)

Then I loaded a full mag and dead rested the gun over a block of wood and on about the 50th bullet…it blew again….this time the gun actually OPENED UP…lol….the photo shows it sitting there with the receiver cover open? It did that when it blew….not me. It also sent a piece of shell casing into the carpet on the left side of the magwell where my hand would have been…as well as another piece to my right…I’ve collected the pieces and casings for little souveneirs.

…here’s a link to the first of a few photos I’ve uploaded to my photobucket site….if you click on the next button on the far right…you will see the photos until you get to the Makarov Bringback pistol… some of them are too dark to see much…sorry…the screw driver is actually being used as a pointer resting there pointing out the shrapnel stuck in the receiver on one of the photos…

the first photo you'll see, I took after it blew up for the second time....I was surprised the damn thing opened up like it did...

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/Bounce19712/?action=view&current=DSCF0096.jpg

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope mine doesn't do that. So what do you think is the problem, the gun or the ammo???? What are you going to do??????

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From you pictures it looks like the gun is not locking into battery after each shot and the round is going off outside the chamber. YIKES

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
Looks like a gun problem to me.
I had a similar experience with IO’s SR-41. The firing pin strikes the primer before round is in the chamber. There could be two possible reasons for it: problem with barrel chamber or firing pin gets stock in protruded position. Most likely the cylindrical piece (the one that attaches the spring to the bolt) shifts with recoil and catches the firing pin.
You have to send it back and DON'T SHOOT IT
before it’s fixed.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
There may be debris in the firing pin channel or the spring is locked up. It definetly firing out of battery. Mine shot great by the way-with Polish 1970's Tok ammo

·
Registered
616 Posts
yeah...sheesh... I'm glad I still have "hull integrity" on my fingers.....minus a tiny shard of something....

the gun did not take visable damage except for perhaps a slight "pressure" bulge on the bottom side of the ejection port... I'm mean...it's pushing out almost a MM nearly. I don't recall seeing any warping in the lines of the receiver edges when I got it..but i can't be sure...

I did have to pry the receiver housing away from the feed ramp/chamber to get a piece of brass casing shard out of that area on both occasions... (but this was not in same location as the "bulge" I'm talking about)

if I had one wish though....it would be to see another serial number on my returned ppsh-43.

it's going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It does have the highest tension on the firing pin spring that I've encounterd in my brief 7.62 expereinces...but no gritty feel to it...just hard...like a hammer spring nearly...lol...well not really...

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Locking?

These guns do not lock.

Cartridge may not fully chamber, chamber problem or ammo problem; could be exacerbated by weak mainspring or magazine.

Send it back.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I sent it back 3 weeks ago and I can't get any information about the status on it from Wiselite....
We'll see about MGS later today...I hope I can bring good news back to the forum about customer service/ satisfaction

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi, MrB!

With the exception of the series of 4 ruined barrels, my MGS/WLA PPSh-41 functions just fine ... which is why I want a decent barrel, so that I may actually enjoy my $600 rifle.

Since the PPS-43 "pistols" utilize the original barrels, they will not have the same issue as I have with my rifle.

In addition, with my rifle, (almost?) every time it traveled back to WLA some tweaking done on the trigger group. When I first received it in April the trigger was awful ... now it is smoooooooth ... and if the bullets all went to POA, it would be a real pleasure to use.

Kim

·
Registered
616 Posts
Any news?

Yes, I was told that Wiselite has sent out a few of their repairs of the returns from Military Gun Supply...

whether or not mine was in the ones returned to FFLs was not known...I was told I would get a call last week to confirm....but didn't happen.

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
The guys shooting next to you at the range must love you, because I probably would of ...... if you had done that next to me twice????

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Ha ha ha. Good one Black Bart and MrBullets.

Its definetly the firing pin as you can see its sticking out of the bolt in your picture. Either debris got caught in it or the thing hung up in the protruded postion. Did you clean it thouroughly bfore shooting it? Its possibly if you did that it got reassembled improperly or if not then gunk was in there and it jammed out.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts