Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It took me a while but I just finished my Walther PP clone collection. The center FEG AP MBP 7.65 I just finished repainting the missing red safety dot with Testors gloss red enamel model paint which really works well. The left grip panel was broken off so I obtained a used pair. It also had a missing rear site which I sourced out. The top is a 1952 Manurhin PP and the bottom is a 1970 CZ VZOR 50. Maybe sometime down the road I will add a P64 to the collection.
Air gun Trigger Blue Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Copper Bullet member
9,579 Posts
What...no Walam 48???

Reactions: Waltherfanboy32

·
Registered
195 Posts
It took me a while but I just finished my Walther PP clone collection. The center FEG AP MBP 7.65 I just finished repainting the missing red safety dot with Testors gloss red enamel model paint which really woks well. The left grip panel was broken off so I obtained a used pair. It also had a missing rear site. The top is a 1952 Manurhin PP and the bottom is a CZ VZOR 50. Maybe sometime down the road I will add a P64 to the collection. View attachment 3904776
Also the Ease German P1001-O-7.65 or 22 and the Turkish MKE 32 or 380.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Those pre-68 French Walthers are fine pistols on their own. I wouldn't call them clones since all post-War PPs and PPKs were made in France regardless of what the slide roll says. Too bad they continued post-'41 German pattern. Short beaver tail is a little easier on the hand, especially after a few boxes, not to mention it looks better.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I've a Manhurin PP, is there a serial number listing so I could find out when my PP was made?. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It's usually (not always, though) stamped on the chamber. Does it have serrated trigger and goofy trapezoid rear sight?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would lve to add a
Those pre-68 French Walthers are fine pistols on their own. I wouldn't call them clones since all post-War PPs and PPKs were made in France regardless of what the slide roll says. Too bad they continued post-'41 German pattern. Short beaver tail is a little easier on the hand, especially after a few boxes, not to mention it looks better.
Good point. They don't take any back seat to the German made ones according to those who own both.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Would lve to add a

Good point. They don't take any back seat to the German made ones according to those who own both.
I've had plenty of both. The worst thing about the PP/PPK design is der signalstift. The spring is fragile and prone to breaking. The best one to find is a pre-'41 without the loaded chamber indicator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts