Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTICE! POTENTIAL P/S DIOPTER PROBLEM![-]

WE'VE DISCOVERED A POTENTIAL PROBLEM IN THE P/S DIOPTER!
There are two SET SCREWS on the clamping mechanism that attaches to Stainless Steel rail and the receiver port. We've found a number of those set screws from the manufacturer DO NOT HAVE DEAD FLAT BOTTOMS!
Unless the bottom of both of those screws are dead flat, there is a camming action when tightened down. That means that the stainless steel rod with the flat side that keeps everything in dead alignment may
cant the entire Diopter out of true. You can examine those two screws and if they're not dead flat to the threads it will be immediately apparent.
If your Diopter does not sit dead flat and true to the top of your receiver, notify us immediately at [email protected] and a new set of correct set screws will be sent to you immediately.
This will not occur on all Diopters, but we have no way of knowing which set screw lot was used at what time.
Those of you who could not zero at 100 yards and have added a shim under the front sight probably have one or both of the defective set screws.
Please accept our apologies for this situation.

Thanks
Latigo

·
Gold Bullet member
8,514 Posts
Hi Latigo: I had to shim my front sight to get a 100 yd zero, but I just checked the set screws and they have flat tips after some taper. Is this the problem you described? BTW I bought my P/S in April 2010 from Graf's.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Leon. These screws are from a very recent lot number.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The easiest way to tell if your P/S Diopter has a set-screw problem is to sock the rear set-screw down very tight and then remove both set screws, slide the stainless steel rail out of the clamping block and look at the contact points of those screws on the flat surface of the rail. If you see two complete circles at the points of contact, you're ok. If you see a semi-circle impression for either screw, you have the mis-manufactured set-screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts