Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Clyde,
Click on User CP on the toolbar at the top of the page, then click Edit Avatar on the right side under "Settings and Options." That will take you to the page that will allow you to select a generic avatar or to upload an image saved to your computer if you wish to supply your own.

·
Registered
883 Posts
One way or another, we'll get him set up. :)
Haha, true. Usually I am the one going to Clyde for his knowledge, it is very rare for me to actually be of assistance to him

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you gentlemen. I shall pick a piccie and put it up. I'm sort of tempted to put one I have of Dad up, but i think I may use the one of BB-35 on convoy duty in 1941 (beautiful shot, color, ship silhouetted against a setting sun somewhere in the North Atlantic).

·
100,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just let us know if we can help re-size the image or anything.
May need some help with that - will have to see what size the file is and then figure out (if I can) how to re-size it. I'm pretty sure it is larger than will be permitted as it stands.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,313 Posts
This would be a good time for somebody to jump in here and tell Clyde what they think of his new avatar.

btw-
I hope he doesn't mind my explaining that the pic is of the USS Texas seen against the setting sun during Atlantic convoy operations in 1941. (Clyde supplied the image)

·
100,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No. I don't mind you explaining. I had (hope I haven't lost it) a picture of the ship sitting bow-on in her current berth in the overall dark blue Pacific anti-aircraft camo she now wears. If I can find it and you'd like, I'll send it to you. Also Google Earth has some good shots of the ship at San Jacinto from (of course) overhead. If you ever come to Texas, BB-35 is one of those "Do not fail to go see this" things IMO. Another is the Metzger Collection (that is Metzer GUN Collection) in the Parsons Corps Center at Texas A&M and then there is the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,313 Posts
I'd like to see that picture you speak of.

I've found gun museums and such interesting since I was first introduced to the Nevada State Museum in Carson City at a young age. I'm given to understand that the USS Nevada was designated BB-35. The ship itself was decommissioned in 1946 and was sunk during Naval target practice after surviving Atlantic operations in WW1, Pearl Harbor and a nuclear bomb test off Bikini which rendered her damaged and highly radioactive, but still afloat.

It's nice that the Texas is still around.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.