Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice shooting. I'm happy as long as I hit the targets.
+1, I haven't figured mine out yet. I think it shoots high and left at 100yds. At 50, I can get about 50 shots through a dinner plate sized area. Perfect for WI deer.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
This is the only pic that I have of my targets so I dont have anything else to share. I did this when sighting in an ex-SOV that I restored with proper VKT mount and PEM scope years ago. Have not shot it since. Just wanted to test it out. Final 6 shots in the X. I was super impressed by the accuracy with this arm however, I guess I expected it due to it's Finnish heritage. I belive this was shot at 150 YDS using typical Wolf (cant remember the projectile weight).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Early M28/30, no date, slim Sk.Y

·
Silver Bullet member
466 Posts
Re:

Shot this last winter practicing for the axis and allies postal shoot. About 5 degrees outside. 1939 Tula M91/30. Polish LB at 100 yards with no forearm support, just elbows.

jeff

·
Gold Bullet member
38 Posts
Here are some of mine from yesterday

I was able to spend you time at the range yesteday. All groups are 5 rounds at 100yds from a bench.

First, my "B" Barrelled M39 performed about as it always does:

This one is a little larger than average for my M39

My 1917 Remington M91 really did well yesterday. It seems to like the 150gr. Hornadys.

This would have been a good group, but I got a case of the "5th round jitters" and messed it up.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
This one makes blacst envious..

From some sort of Finn'ed M91. My 100 gr HP secret recipe ammo, blacst's rifle, and me on the trigger.

Second one is my 91/59 with Polish surplus.

Both at 50 yards. Don't ask about the fliers...

·
Registered
504 Posts
My all time favorite Mosin target was not for accuracy as much as it was effect. Every once in a while it is nice to have gratification about hitting your mark.

16 oz propane cylinder with small fire built nearby.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Old 200 yard pic. it will still put them in the coconut at 300 but you have to let her cool between shots.

Cheers
MJ

·
Silver Bullet member
877 Posts
M38

1943 Izhvesk M38, 100yd. (rifle in avatar) Yeah I flinched on 5 and 6. :( surplus ammo.

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
In lieu of the real thing I guess this would be next best.:cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is the most amusing target I have. Shot at 50 yards from a VERY worn-out 91/30.

Got 4 in one hole, can't say what caused the flyer, though I think that was my fault entirely, not the rifle.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Josh,

Good post! I've got more than a few favorite shooters but here are three I have with targets.
1. The K98 I found in a pawn shop for $100 OTD. Cutdown stock and drilled and tapped. The bore was beginning to fuzz up from corrosive ammo. Sad...all matching to boot. However, for $100 who could resist a K98 you could scope and not feel guilty! This one is one of my most fun to shoot. It'll shoot POA 3" or better groups with Turk surplus. Can't complain.

2. K31 with St. Maries scope mount. Excellent shooter.

3. M39 with PEM scope and mount. Fun one to shoot too. IF I can keep the flyers from happening I think it'll group 1" or less.

I didn't have time to dig out some of my nice swede targets 1-1/2 inch groups. But they are some of my iron sight best.

Shooting... the primary reason to collect.... :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts