Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this postwar vz24 at a gunshop and I noticed a few things about it. It was made from wartime parts. There is no crest on the receiver but it is marked with the full cz name on the side and serial numbered with E 23 on the side. The receiver and barrel both have the post war Circle T markings. The stock is a late war stock with the fat buttplate that has been cut through for a sling. The barrel bands and floor plate are numbered to match. The bolt is a czech bolt that has been turned down but has no serial number. The odd things are that the stock has been numbered across the bottom of the butt German style and a sling swivel was added to the bottom of the butt stock above the serial number. I can find no other proofs except for czech markings. Any ideas as to who used this rifle or made those modifications?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
It sounds like a post war Czech rework of a vz.23 reciever into a K98k. Does it have a winter trigger guard? How about import marks? I guess it could also be a vz.23 barreled action that was dropped into a bubba'd K98k stock.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a wartime trigger guard and floor plate. I dont remeber the import mark buts its a small one near the end of the barrel. The receiver looks as if it never had anykind of crest. Its definately neat. When I get the money I'll have to see about picking it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts