Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've roughly covered this but I wanted to double check before I buy, and get some help and advice. From all the SS converted Gew.98's I've seen and all the info I have seen this rifle fits the bill, the only problem is that there isn't a Totenkopf stamp or a SSZZ stamp on the barrel, the only thing on there is a Weimar Eagle. The stock matchez the rifle and the whole damn thing is matching. There's is a Nazi War Eagle holding a swastika on the back of the bolt handle, the front sight base has a Waffenamt, and a Weimar Eagle Waffentamt with an H on the right side of the buttstock, and another one behind the trigger guard, all the other markings are Imperial and Weimar era. What do you think?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can't take pics or I would, I live in california, so even after its paid in full I have to wait 10 days before I can bring her home. I can try to snap some pics at the shop tomorrow but I can't guarantee they'll be amazing quality. These are example pictures this is NOT the rifle I'm buying.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I'm betting a lot of people simply will not answer you because of lack of pictures.

It's a subject that is covered real well with a picture or 2--but it's kinda' hard for you to tell me what is in a sealed bag I am holding in my hand..simply almost impossible to tell accurately without a picture--even a picture like the one you given is not enough to tell you about your gun. Get a couple of pictures in your post and we can go from there.

Without pictures/price??--about the only thing in your favor would be to do a lot of research here on line...Educate yourself REAL well then go and make your own opinion before buying--but my bets are atleast one collector has looked at this gun before you picked it up at the gun store....but there is also a chance you found a diamond in the ruff.

BAF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.