Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found an ad for sale, seller listed it for a friend of hers, whos father owned the rifle for many years, etc. one of those kind of situations.

all she has said is its a 1934 german mauser 8mm. ok....... so i start digging further asking what code is on the rifle, do all the numbers match, etc.

she emails back stating " the letters are BGUN and all the numbers match"

ok, now im confused, BGUN ? i never studied much of K98s before 1937 models, and i am wondering if this is the longer barrel rifle, before the k98 ?

the fact that its sporterized makes me :mad: but if its all numbers matching, well.... and its $300

what are your thoughts? snatch it up, or keep hunting ?

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wondered if its the original stock, looks like it has the cross bolt.

what might it cost to find an original stock, and after so, what might the overall value be?

and again, this barrel will probably be longer than 22" right?

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
how much will i expect to pay for an original stock and bands? how tough would it be to find ?

i cant afford to wrap too much money into the rifle.

were the stocks stamped with the serial numbers like the K98s were? can anyone teach me more about these rifles? the basics?

i know a guy who had one for sale, all matching, original stock, for $1000, is that the average rate?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.