Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with a couple other rifles like a winchester engraved 1895 and some other milsurp. Have not gotten a great look at them all but the enfield looks just like this with the cone shaped suppressor on the barrel. This just kinda fell in my lap from a customer.

Been wanting to get me some milsurp but have not had the opportunity since I don't buy online and have not seen any like this one in gun shops. All I know about them is what I read on this site.

Does anyone have a current round about price for one?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! I better run over there with some cash.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I think we just had a market price discussion about No5 MkI's here not more than a few weeks ago?
I think the unissued looking ones numbers matching, old import ENGLAND marked ones easily go for $850-1200 USD. Our trader and online auctions show this.
Worn examples, import marked and mismatched bolts, still in decent but used condition I'd expect bring what you see $550-700 these days.
This are my own observations. I'm sure others will chime in.
In any regards, these Lee Carbines are SWEET and I highly recommend getting one. They are a favorite of mine of all surplus bolt actions. The guys who hate on accuracy of them, I don't get it. Mine is just as accurate as any other Lee bolt gun. Maybe felt recoil is a bit more, but its such a nice handy little rifle. Its hard it to show someone and not put a smile on their face.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
#facepalm for RTI Carbines. I have so many other nice condition rifles I would throw 1K at....

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I think we just had a market price discussion about No5 MkI's here not more than a few weeks ago?
I think the unissued looking ones numbers matching, old import ENGLAND marked ones easily go for $850-1200 USD. Our trader and online auctions show this.
Worn examples, import marked and mismatched bolts, still in decent but used condition I'd expect bring what you see $550-700 these days.

This are my own observations. I'm sure others will chime in.
In any regards, these Lee Carbines are SWEET and I highly recommend getting one. They are a favorite of mine of all surplus bolt actions. The guys who hate on accuracy of them, I don't get it. Mine is just as accurate as any other Lee bolt gun. Maybe felt recoil is a bit more, but its such a nice handy little rifle. Its hard it to show someone and not put a smile on their face.
I agree with this assessment.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess I better check matching numbers but the old guy is offering it at around 200 to 300 ducats including some ammo. Try to get some pics on monday.

I do read a lot on milsurp here so I think I can handle a buy without getting burned to bad.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OMG thats a beauty. This one is not that great just seeing it in a case. Yours does not look like it was even issued.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Pictures, always.

Don't hose the old guy too bad now.

Reactions: Estaban

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Its hard it to show someone and not put a smile on their face.
Try shooting it at around dusk, and see what your spectators make of the 'flames' coming out of the muzzle.
Get a mate to shoot it for you and try not to get a smile when you see them.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures, always.

Don't hose the old guy too bad now.
Well the old guy is retired army marksmanship instructor so if anyone's gonna get taken advantage of it would be me. But I doubt it, he is a nice guy.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
OK so here's some crummy pics. Didn't buy yet and the lighting was horrible plus not much time to fondle them. Wish this didn't have a scope.
gun buy4.jpg
gun buy 2.jpg
gun buy 3.jpg

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
As is that is one of the best hunting rifles you can carry and use.
Yeah, you'd probably like it with the scope.
Even if he doesn't have the original rear sight, if you get the deal cheap enough you justified buying one on the open market as a replacement.

Reactions: Estaban
1 - 20 of 35 Posts