Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a "Russian SKS" at a pawn shop in town marked at 275 dollars. I don't know the going rate of these.

It doesn't look russian to me anyway. I checked it over quickly for numbers and they all do match. I may just have to run in there with a camera and ask if he'll let me take pics - or you guys can school me on how to identify makers of SKS's. It had no Star or Triangle marks and nothing to identify it as Chinese. I am leaning toward some sort of former soviet country as the country of origin though, on a hunch.

The stock looks like an oiled finish. Not shiny/shellac and it is a heavy grained wood with visible dark lines not like birch or beech wood.

I've been avoiding the 7.62x39 caliber for some time. Got an AK type rifle but it's 5.45 and much cheaper to feed. I've always tried to keep a minimum of caliber variety for the sake of stockpiling simplicity.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,821 Posts
...I've been avoiding the 7.62x39 caliber for some time. Got an AK type rifle but it's 5.45 and much cheaper to feed. I've always tried to keep a minimum of caliber variety for the sake of stockpiling simplicity.
The good news there is that 7.62x39 finally seems to be coming back down in price. There's still some pricey stuff being advertised out there but eventually they will need to compete with those who are bringing their prices back down to 'reasonable' levels...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.