Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,944 Posts
Condition is far from good, but at least it has not been refinished with faked and/or renumbered parts. It's very honest in finish.

It's actually fairly complete, too. These went through tests and rebuilds with the US Army, more potential rebuilds with Bannerman, and then spent a hundred years or more in civilian hands. The bulk of them will have swapped, rebuilt or mismatched parts. So, finding one with just the mismatched grips is a relatively scarce commodity.

If I was cataloging this piece for an auction company, I'd place an estimate of $3,000 to $3,500, and fully expect it realize such a value range. Collectors will throw out the book for a chance to land a genuine specimen.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,944 Posts
wwang,

Fortune has definitely befallen you. The above blessing comes from the leading authority on the US Test Trials AE, and carries significant weight. It means that you can erase any question you might have had about authenticity.

And thanks for the visit to Gunboards, Ron.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,944 Posts
This is for Ron Wood. I have a Test Luger that I would like to add to your list, if it isn't already there. Michael Reese lists it in his book, but he shows the number twice--once with Ralph Shattuck, from whom I bought 6362 in the early to mid 80s. All numbers match, including the grips. I also want to know how many are now on the list. What can you tell me?
If you would like to get in touch with Ron Wood, you would be better off joining the Jan Still Luger Pistols Forum. He does not come to this forum very often. Here is a link.

https://luger.gunboards.com/forum.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.