Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I recently picked this up at the gun shop off consignment hoping it would just be a shooter, but upon further inspection and research I think I may have stumbled upon an US army test trials american eagle luger!
The serials all match and fall within the bannerman test luger serials. Its in fair condition, some pitting and surface rust over the frame, barrel is also in fair condition. Everything seems to match except for the grips? Magazine seems to be a correct with no serial and wooden bottom. I would just like some second opinions from the collectors here to see if I have the real deal. the pictures attached should give a better description that what I can type. If this is indeed a test luger then I probally would not want to keep this as a shooter. Ive seen pristine test lugers go for $7k at auctions, so maybe in this condition im looking at $3-4k? Please let me know if my ballpark is within range.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The locking bolt is on the right side. Yeah I figured that If it had been a noramal AE it would range at ~1000 but didint know how much being a test luger add to the value of it. Thanks for the input though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That appears to be a possible test Luger. Is it 7.65 mm caliber ? I believe all the 1900 test lugers were that caliber. It does appear to have the "flaming bomb" stamp on the receiver just below the chamber which I believe all test lugers should have. I believe the photos indicate the piece is better than "poor condition" I would say somewhere in the good to very good range from the pics. You are very fortunate to find this piece. If I were you I would not fire the pistol but keep it as a display piece or could be used for good investment purposes if ever needed for that.
Yes! it is in 7.65, should've stated that important fact. Yeah said the same to myself about not firing it...shame though, really bought it to be a shooter before realizing what it was...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Wow! Thanks for the response guys! Really didn’t know what I got myself into. Unfortunately I think this peice belongs to a true collecter rather than myself, who was just looking for a shooter. I put it up for auction on gunbroker if anyone wants to find a worthy home for it. Hopefully it will help fund a decent shooter...or two!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.