Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got this SKS from another GB member and I'd like to nail down its origin and story. I believe it's an early PRC Type 56 that eventually made its way to Albania, and was lately used in the Albanian Civil War. Although the stock does not appear to be original to the rifle, the metal is all essentially matching. There are no maker's marks or symbols, just the pictured serial number.
Is this early, post-Sino/Soviet production? Any significance to the numbering style or bits? Any way to tell if this rifle made a detour at some point to Vietnam?
Damn, I thought I managed to keep my feet out of the pics! And yes, I know the carpet is ugly, but I went for cheap in my gun/bullet office. ;)

·
Copper Bullet member
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great stuff, hadn't seen that thread before. So I guess I have a "Ghost", and the stock might be original. The stock is in rough shape, but I'll do a real detailed exam to look for any numbering or other marks.
Many thanks.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No apparent numbering on the stock. Do ALL "Ghost" versions have numbered original stocks?

·
Registered
214 Posts
No apparent numbering on the stock. Do ALL "Ghost" versions have numbered original stocks?
All 'ghosts' that I've ever seen have a bottom swivel and the entire 4, 5, or 6 digits of the S/N in 1/4" tall by .100" wide numerals on the left side of the stock. Many of the recent CAI, IO, and TGI imports had Albanian replacement stocks on them. They are very easy to spot as the armorers didn't put a lot of effort into the details of final fitting them. They all fit somewhat poorly in at least one, and usually several areas. Check out the link in my sig for additional info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.